Jack Jock and Justine

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon May 01, 2023 7:42 am

This is on the medications page:
https://www.guinealynx.info/medications.html#Revolution

Revolution®
(brand name) ANTIPARASITIC Selamectin (generic name)

You would look for a medication with the generic name selamectin if you are looking for this product. These are the only dose guidelines I have:
https://www.guinealynx.info/antiparasit ... selamectin

Always look not at the brand name, but the generic name for all drugs to ensure you are getting the right drug.

As you are aware, almost all (perhaps all) medications for guinea pigs are used "off label". This means a search for a medication to buy for guinea pigs will generally yield nothing on a sales site like Amazon or ebay. You go by veterinary reference books like Carpenter's "Exotic Animal Formulary" for dosing guidelines.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:23 am

Thanks Lynx. Cleaning boys out and noticed Jock had a red cloudy eye. Put ointment in and where the 2 sides of the eye meet on side of nose to my eye looks a teeny bit pushed in.

Run hand along jaw underneath feels like a bulge/lump for elongated roots. Jock is 1 year old next week. Any ideas? Remember their father was also their uncle. Thanks in advance.

Oh eye is not bothering him. He is popcorning, chasing his brothers, eating food and hay.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Aug 02, 2023 1:51 pm

Could it be an abscess or sinus infection?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2023 12:44 am

Could it be an abscess or sinus infection?

Jessie got cheek abscesses doesn't feel like that. Not sure on sinus. Thanks ItsaZoo.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Aug 11, 2023 11:56 am

I know I am a bit late but been hectic here. August 7th 2023 Jack, Jock, Justine turned 1 and joined the club of wearing silly hats. Just wish their mum was here. She would have been proud. Boys got water bottle and Timothy hay and treats.

The runt Jack is no longer the runt it is now Justine. Can't believe how be they are now! Alphabetical order.

Jack. Notice hind legs.

Jock.

Justine.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:10 am

I hope they enjoyed the attention on their shared birthday!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:29 pm

Happy Birthday 1-year-olds!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:47 am

For some reason Justine has been licking or biting Jacks ear. Can anyone shed light on this? Jack just sits there while he does it. Reminds me when Jemma would lick or nibble around Jessie's eye. Thanks in advance.