Four year old losing weight (big thread inside)

Tracy

Post   » Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:56 pm

How is your piggy doing, Squiggles?

Squiggles

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2023 1:44 am

He was doing well. But now I'm afraid he's dropping again. He was between 730-750, but now he's heading back to the 600s. I'm debating on increasing the medication, just a bit, but I want to take him for bloodwork first. I'm so bummed. He was doing fantastic. Still eating and functioning with no problem, I still give him two feedings of Emeraid by spoon, which he still loves, but now the weight dropping is back.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 pm

You might be able to consult with your vet by phone about increasing the medication. Depending on the illness and the medications, some vets will provide guidelines in advance to help you adjust it if needed.

Squiggles

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:50 am

I did talk to him when I took one of my cats, and he said I can increase a bit. But yesterday I took him for blood, and he says everything looks fine, but his potassium is a bit high. I'm guessing it's from the Emeraid? Because I definitely do not feed them bananas. Now he's saying I shouldn't up it, but I'm concerned about the weight loss since he used to be between 730-760, now he's jumping between 700, 710- 720. Lynx, may I send you a copy of his bloodwork so you can post it on here? I can never line it up correctly when I do, and it might be help for someone in the future (or now).

This is why I wish I could find a good exotic vet since the only one around here (and in 50 miles) turned out to be a bust, but I don't think the results would change any, even if I did.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:39 am

You are welcome to send me a copy of the bloodwork (I personally am not very knowledgeable but I can post it!).

If it is a file, send to:

If it is all text, you can send it using the mailer (or above address).

45 posts