Four year old losing weight (big thread inside)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:07 pm

Ditto. At least it looks like now you know what condition must be addressed.

Squiggles

Post   » Sun May 07, 2023 9:11 am

Thank you. I hope so, too. Today he's 755 and has a checkup on the 30th. I want to be positive, but with everything that's gone on, the ground is shaky.

Squiggles

Post   » Wed May 10, 2023 4:35 pm

Quick question, he's becoming a bit dirty so I want to give him a bum bath. What soap should I get? I know dish soap and even pet store shampoo is a no no. I know there used to be a guinea pig place to order from, think it was called Gorgeous Guineas, but anything store wise or on Amazon that would be good? Thanks.

edit: I heard Four Paws Bunny Bath Shampoo?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed May 10, 2023 10:36 pm

I always used Squeaky Clean Critter Shampoo. It's available at most pet stores, and places like Walmart and Target.

Squiggles

Post   » Sat May 20, 2023 9:23 pm

Thanks! I got that and the refresher. I also ordered from Gorgeous Guineas as well since I did like their boar shampoo when my other guy years back was really sick.

He's 822 today.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 21, 2023 10:13 am

Sounds like he's gaining some weight back! That is great!

Squiggles

Post   » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:35 pm

I want to thank everyone for their support in making him live longer. Unfortunately, I think it's time to end his journey. The past few days, he's not finishing what's on his plate when he used to be so hungry, and today, he doesn't want to eat and just wants to sleep in his cuddle sack. I have been syringe feeding him Emeraid, but I don't want him to suffer. His weight as of right now is in the 600s. I adjusted the medication, but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Thank you everyone for your help in diagnosing him when it was so difficult to find out what he had.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:39 pm

I am so sorry to hear he is not doing well. I know how hard it is to have a pet with such serious issues. Sending good wishes to both of you.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:12 am

I’m sorry you’re going through such a difficult time. You have been taking such good care of him. All my best to both of you.

Squiggles

Post   » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:12 am

Thank you so much. It's because of the members here that he lived longer. If it wasn't for your advice to give him the medication even though the blood results showed different, he would have passed over a year ago. I took him to ER to send him on his next journey, and on the way, he started the twitch...which we all know what that is... and after I signed the papers, he passed in my arms in a big warm oversized sweater.

It was almost as if he knew. Knew I didn't want to make this choice, because I kept saying to myself "can I take him to another vet? can they help him somehow and I don't have to do this?" and he said don't worry, I know you don't want to make the choice. I'll do it for you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:43 pm

You have all our sympathy. He was so well loved. Hugs.

Squiggles

Post   » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:06 pm

If I need to post in another thread, please tell me. I need to get his brother a new cagemate because I can already tell he's noticing something is wrong even if they weren't in cage together for a while due to the other one's illness and weight. He is the same age, over 5, but acts like he's 1-2 and has a lot of energy. Would a 1 year old be too young for him?