Gidget

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:18 am

Gidget continues to have a few zoomies each day, and loves jumping up on her hideys. She’s weighing in the 750 gram range now, and has a little double chin which is a nice change from how skinny she was at first.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CcUHuUdl0- ... MyMTA2M2Y=

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:35 am

Bet she sleeps well at night! One happy crazy piggy! Who would need a TV when she is so entertaining! You are a cutie Gidget!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:00 pm

She is just so adorable! Have you ever set up a race track for her with her favorite tunnels in an open area? Or are open areas more for exploring vs. zooming?

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:31 pm

I’ve tried floor time a few times with a wire grid fence, but she’s more interested in finding a corner and reaching for the top of the grid. She’s a climber and loves being up high, so I have to figure out a way to block off a hallway so she can’t climb. Then maybe she would go for a run, or at least have more room to explore.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:56 pm

A climber! That is a toughie. Sounds like she needs a jungle gym! (with lots of padding in case she falls)

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:54 am

I’ve had her in the hallway now for about 2 hours. She has roughly 30 square feet, with grids across two doorways. She hasn’t stopped moving. She’s trotting back and forth, checking the height of the grids, trying to burrow under the fleece, and chattering to herself the whole time. It’s like she’s getting more anxious the longer she’s there. I don’t think she understands that this is supposed to be like a playground. She wants to make a jailbreak.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:05 pm

Food? Treats? Things from her regular cage so she is not so anxious?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:27 pm

I agree with Lynx. She should be happier if you make it more fun for her.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:05 pm

She had a hay pile, veggies, and hideys from her cage. Several times she was up on the roof of her favorite wire shelf. I called her a few times and she came over to me for veggies.

I think she dislikes being on the floor. Her cage is up on top of the dog's cage, so she's used to being up about 3' off the floor with a view of everything, and she's always climbing up or standing up reaching. She also prefers to sleep under the wire shelves I have in her cage, which are open on all sides. She never spends any time in a tunnel or hidey, those are just to run through.

Once she was back in her cage she ran around and took inventory, then ate a bunch of hay and settled down for a nap. I think she was raised with a family of cats. ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:35 pm

What a silly girl!

Endless hours of amusement for you watching her run around though!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:31 pm

She's got so much energy. You love to see that. What an adorable little girl.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:05 pm

We celebrated her first birthday yesterday. Of course, I don’t know the actual date, but I was told she was 5 months when I got her, so April 19 is her first birthday. She got extra veggies and snuggle time. She fell asleep in the crook of my arm while I was reading last night. Of course, I had to make another Instagram post.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcjDsMEsNt ... MyMTA2M2Y=