Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:30 am

Thanks!! We ve been really strugglin with this last couple of days...
But today is actually a lot better! Formation isback just bit too soft..we took a lot of bene bac yesterday without vegetables as you suggested.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:13 am

Irie s got really bad urine results yesterday....he is turning 7,5 next month... i am beyond grateful for all the years we spend together...In our family he is King Boss Almighty.:)

Vet found two types of bacteria..cocci..and the one like sticks(more problematic type she said). We will try MArbocyl and shilitong in hope it will work... .. I brought urine on clinic alone. IF it wont be better we will ask for help someone for exotic pets-i hope we wont need.

we are going on tooth repairing on 21.3 and in April on ultrasound if all goes as it should..we havent been to vets in half of the year..and we re defenetly not looking forward to go to vet, but running off home...:). Please keep fingers crossed for us.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:29 am

From down under me and the piggies hope all goes well for Irie. Is he still eating? Just curious seeing as he is a boar have you checked for impaction? Or has he lost the family jewels? Thinking of you both! Hoping all goes well!

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:25 am

Thank you!!

He has bit of problems yeah..i try to clean him as best as i can(i am not too great at it, but only when its needed, which is rarely).

He hasnt lost anybody..Ringo(border collie) broke on through to the other side in 2020 and Gallimore-Galli(pig) in 2018 -he knew them both..Now we have him and Ziggy the cat(she s gonna be 9.)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:27 am

HE is eating by himself

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:39 am

Eating is so important! Sending good wishes your way.

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:22 pm

Thank you!!

I struggled to get MArbocyl, but than the best vet asistant that i know quite well on dog clinic we use to went to just gave to us-more than enough of it..luckily...

We need to order bene bac ... which one is right?
.the first one i am afraid is fake, cause it doesnt have USA flag on it and its written that is not repacked-why would you even write that, bit suspicious:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/385211717271?e ... BM6MW4yNlh

this one have USA flag, tough..but we always bought the one with little tubes...
https://www.ebay.com/itm/195520827294?e ... R-jFuMjZYQ

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:58 pm

Sorry I can't help you I use Pron8tre. Hope you get the right one!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:19 pm

Both of those look like real BeneBac. The second one is the one I always used. It's much easier than the little tubes.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:53 pm

The important thing will be the date. Probiotics have a shelf life so you want to make sure the seller has a fresh supply.

Lisa12

Post   » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:05 am

Thanks both for the help! We ordered:)

Lisa12

Post   » Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:36 am

Update:
21.3. we went to get tooth trimmed all went very sucessfuly by an exotic vet which is alright, he helps us here and there.

24.3 urine check after 14 days of Marbocyl on dog clinic...full of baccteria still and leukocytes with no blood.
It should at last be better after 14 days.. ;(.
I made a call on old clinic my pigs used to went to for exotic. but the best vet that was always helping changed job 3 years ago(always remember him, when we are in trouble, but he was that good that i have this belive he will save all my pigs he saved Lee, and Irie alright, he couldnt save Galli, but back than i want save Galli too and i was all young and on fire so it brought me into my kneese and lower). They have some new vets..i dont know..the have the most medicine for pigs available, so its the best place to go for treating infections.

Not to mention exotic vet scene here for experienced pigs owner who always want the best for pigs here in Slovenia has been ever since the most accurately described as difficult, anway. And it aint getting any better-its worse. So, ItsaZoo i understand you 100000%, i can relate..

He ll probably be prescribed BActrim..whats left Tetracycline.. is anything else for urinary infection? If anyone knows, please...

We will start shilitong today-it can be used with Ab, right?(the first time we took it after AB)