Breathe easy dear Jemma

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:39 am

JEMMA 19/07/2010 TO 13/01/2015

Dear sweet Jemma where do I start. Both of us feel guilty as we never spent enough time with you and the other pigs as Jessie took much of our time. But we always gave you cuddles, lots of food and hay and you seemed satisfied with that as though you knew Jessie needed us.
When you were hungry you would let us know, but apart from that you were very quiet even when you were having a cuddle and wanted a pee, you gave no warning you just let it pour out.
We noticed you were sick back in August 2014 but as usual the vets weren't concerned, they checked you out and found nothing so said keep an eye on you. Then in November when you'd lost 200grams they were a little more concerned but again we were told to keep an eye on you.
And that we did because we knew things were not right, and we feel we failed you because we were too busy thinking of ourselves and the grief we felt over losing Jessie.
Even though it was hard we started to syringe feed you, and I would take you to bed, your weight now a further 200grams. The vets were baffled and you were put onto Vitrvet an AB which caused you to have the runs and lose more weight.
Then one day I picked you up, you struggled to get air into your lungs and you went limp, I was able to bring you back, but 2 days later the same thing happened but this time I could not bring you back. You took a few gasps and passed in my arms.
We swear Jessie left us first to prepare a place for you at the bridge and now you're both together running free, one with a perfect mouth and teeth and kidneys, and you with perfect lungs or heart.
We're so sorry we failed you sweet girl and that we weren't there for you and for not kicking some vets up the butt for you. But we promise you we'll take care of your sister Jasmine until she is ready to join you and Jessie when the three of you will become the triple J's once more. Thank you darling for coming into our lives and for enriching it with your presence. Till we met again!

You hated silly hats and Jessie loved to splash things.

Our hearts are broken into two with the lost of sweet Jessie and Darling Jemma a month apart!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:57 am

Oh, I am so sorry you lost her, daisymay. It always seems unfair; it always seems too soon :-(

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 9:53 am

I'm so sorry daisymay. I can see from the pictures how much Jemma was loved and cherished.

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:20 am

So sorry for your loss of Jemma. I've always though how pretty all 3 of your girls were. It must have been difficult losing 2 in such a short time. Hugs to you and Jasmine.

lisam

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:34 am

I'm sorry.

FL Cavy Slave

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:46 am

I'm so sorry.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:45 pm

I'm sorry

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:01 pm

I'm sorry. It's always so heartbreaking when we can't help our babies.

Breadfan4

Post   » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:23 pm

Oh I'm so sorry. What a gorgeous girl she was. I'm sure she and Jessie are reunited once again. RIP little piggy.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:00 am

I'm so sorry you lost Jemma, and so soon after Jessie. My heart aches for you!

LS in AK
Upside-down & Backwards

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:34 am

What a sweet tribute. The double loss is truly awful.

But they do that, don't they? This following each other across the bridge. Makes it so much harder to bear to lose more than one precious piggy so soon after the other but, as you said, they are together again now. It is just so heartbreaking to be the one left behind (but someone has to take care of kicking some sense into a few butts, right?)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:47 am

Thank-you for the replies and lovely words they do mean alot to me, my husband and to Jasmine. Thank you Lynx, C. Cole-Chakotay, GP_mum, lisam, FL Cavy Slave, JaneDoe, Bethie, Breadfan4, PinkRufus and LS in AK.

Your kind words warmed our hearts and made it nice to know people understand how we feel. Thanks all of you.