Our Quirky Companions!

flutterbye

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:59 pm

BamBam cannot take a drink from the water bottle without firstly circling the spout with his nose twice - Round, Round, drink!

lovelyFrida

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:29 pm

Nellie- Will eat anything that is remotely edible.

Emma- Likes looking at my iTunes visualizer.

Mama- Enjoys her "spa time", she loves being brushed, washed, melted, and being the center of attention.

Frida- Prefers her favorite tunnel toy to be upside down.

Aggie- Finds metal to be delicious and tried to eat a diamond ring once.

Maggie- Only watches TV when Diane Sawyer is on.

SwtMelly

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:57 pm

Beau chubbles every time the message alert goes off on my phone. Even when I'm not around him, if it goes off its like I can hear him chubble at it in my head.

EllieMom

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:11 pm

Ginger lays on top of the greens so that the other girls can't get to them. She's such a cute little pig of a pig.

Oh, and Flicka moves her pigloo over the food bowl so the other girls can't get to that. I think she just does that defensively, though.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:08 pm

Cinnabun - Cinnabun likes to push the hay rack on the ground away from the grids just enough to go in and sleep in there.

Mocha - Mocha chirps, usually as a sort of temper tantrum if I'm not getting her hay, pellets, or vegetables fast enough.

Alistair - Alistair likes to tip his hay dish up while eating it and prefers to lounge under the hay rack even with a hiding box in the cage. He doesn't wheek too often, but when he does it's really loud.

James - James "has" to bury himself in hay before eating it, especially with orchard grass. He also practically screeches with his wheeks when he really wants pellets or vegetables and I'm not moving fast enough (he's our loudest cavy when wheeking). He also doesn't really squeak, his excitement/happy noise is hard to describe but it doesn't sound like a squeak or cluck-like noise like most cavies have.

SleighBelle - SleighBelle likes to run circles around her dishes and will push them away from the wall (even the heavier ceramic ones) to do so; while doing her laps she makes a noise that sounds like "rroop, rroop, rroop, rroop". Sometimes she does whole cage laps but she really loves the laps around her hay and pellet dishes.

Luna - Luna likes to either tip the dish up while eating hay, or loaf out completely while munching it. She isn't completely lazy though, just when she's eating hay it seems.

Phantom - Phantom likes to lay in the hay dish while he's eating hay (he learned this from Magellan since he didn't do it before he saw the little old man doing it). It's gross, but Phantom also likes to open up his perianal sack whenever he's annoyed (thank fully he doesn't do the boar stank thing).

Most of them also like to run around the cage making happy squeaks/sounds when I'm done cleaning their cage either spot cleaning or full changeout.

Hunybee

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:22 pm

Jasper chews his water.... thats what it looks like anyway.

If I'm eating celery, he stares at me over the coroplast. He lets out this pitiful wheek that almost sounds like a question.... WHHHEEEEK???

When I'm in the living room with him, he sleeps in the tent closest to the couch. AWWWWWW

He watches the dogs when he's sitting on the couch with me.

Oh and he tips his food bowl over if it's almost empty and he's hungry.

tashab

Post   » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:52 pm

Our Rosie will lick your fingers and arm (and groom the SO's arm hair) if she thinks there's even a remote chance that you might give her an Oxbow Timothy Treat.
Princess is just all attitude all the time. She whuk-whuks when she walks around a playtime, hogs all the hidey-houses and turtles them around the cage, snuggles in her blankey when she deigns to give lovin's and is always maintaining her status as top pig.

jedifreac

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:51 am

We buy butter lettuce in a pre-cut, pre-washed bag salad at the supermarket instead of in heads like green leaf and romaine lettuce. My boyfriend opened a bag of butter lettuce and prepared to pour it into the pig's veggie bowl.

Shaggy, realizing that the guinea pig motherlode of lettuce was suddenly appearing in front of him, tried to climb into the entire bag.

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:52 am

I can't even begin to make a list. Each pig I had indoors, since the end of the eighties, had such a remarkable personality, with quirks just like human beings have.

Floopy loved hub to bits, that was soooo special. Kooky waved her paw like a dog to draw attention. I an just keep going on and on and on ...

Thegirlsnme

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:06 am

Tasha will not eat anything new the first time you give it to her. She smells it, looks up at you, smells it again, then runs to either Pumpkin or Eli who normally eat everything, looks at what they are eating, runs back to her spot, smells her food again, and then looks back at you. She has a whole routine with new food. We joke that she is waiting to see if it kills anyone else before she will try it. Cracks me up.

Pumpkin on the other hand HAS to sit in her cuddle cup when she get something "good". She'll run anyone over to get to "her spot".

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:30 am

Robin is an interior decorator. He rearranges his cage. He grabs the edge of his ceramic food bowl teeth and pulls it to where he wants it. He also does this with tunnels and huts except he tends to use his nose for those.

I have also come home to the tunnel pulled into the door of a hutt so it makes an entrance, and a Jen's custom craft hut completely flipped over.

JoulzyPigs

Post   » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:37 am

Nibblet has taken to dragging his house to the food dish so he can eat whilst still laying inside the house