Grace - swollen feet, lethargic and in pain.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:46 am

I know humans can have gabapentin long term. Let us know what the vet advises.

3littleGuineas

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:15 pm

Vet hasn’t gotten back to me yet. I’m wondering weather Grace hurt herself again… she back to being really floppy and today can’t even move like she was yesterday… it’s like she’s completely regressing and I don’t know what to do…

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Mar 25, 2024 10:43 pm

I can only suggest continuing to make sure she gets enough food. You might move her around so she isn't sitting in the same place. Perhaps some gentle massage?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:34 am

Can you not ring the vet? As Lynx said gentle massage Keep doing what you were doing before. If you have a ramp remove it. Thanks for the update.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:43 am

How is Gracie today? Hoping she is now moving around and has her dancing shoes on and is walking. Give update when you can.

3littleGuineas

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 am

Sorry for the delay Guinea team.
Grace is okay. The vet was delightful but the only thing they could suggest was to up the meloxicam for a little bit as it sounded like Grace may have caused injury to her injury.
Grace was going down hill big time, I wash her little footsies to make sure they’re clean, change bedding daily, feed her etc. the past day she’s started moving again and today can walk… man, this little munchkin is keeping us on our toes!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:01 am

So glad she now has her dancing paws on and is walking. Do you have a ramp in your pen? I would remove it Poor little mite. Keep improving little one and stop giving your slaves grey hair and wrinkles.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:42 am

I hope she stays on the upswing!