Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:30 am

Is this the pig that's getting glucose? If so, why are you worried about honey? I'd cut out the glucose and use the honey.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:53 am

I’ve used cream for athlete’s foot and the Desitin 40% zinc cream on Lacey’s feet. Desitin is hard to massage in - it just sits on the surface. I’ve also used vitamin E oil that I bought in the cosmetics dept. and not the supplements. It’s kind of thick and sticky but it does the job.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:34 am

Thanks for the replies Lynx, bpatters and ItsaZoo. The glucose she has orally the honey would be for her feet only. Her poops are still mushy but now she has developed a lot of mucus. Is this common? Thanks in advance. Good news is she put on 15grams over night.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:03 am

Back in 2013, Wenton put together a big post on poops. You can find a link to it in the master medical sticky topic. Here is a direct link:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... =8&t=68360

Wenton posited mucus could be a sign of infection or bacteria in the intestinal track. It is a pretty fair guess there is a disturbance of the bacteria in your guinea pig's intestinal tract.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:32 am

Jill had poops tested last Thursday and no infection. No bugs good or bad found. Jill has been on Pron8ure and poop soup for last 7 months now.

Mucus was long and sticky like long string of glue. It was clear. If it returns will get sample and take to the vet. It was not in poops it was separate and did not smell. Thanks Lynx!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2021 11:02 am

My point is, you're worrying about a dab of sugar that she might lick off her feet but you're feeding her a pure sugar solution daily. Just cut out the gliucose and use the honey.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 4:19 am

Is hay with rye and clover OK for piggies? I have always tried to steer clear of these hays. But with drought and bush fires it is getting harder. Have taken Jill off everything but steroid and Pron8ure so far no change. Thanks in advance. Thanks bpatters.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 9:12 am

The clover will be high in calcium. Learn more about hays here:
https://www.guinealynx.info/hay.html

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:46 pm

I don't know about gp's but in humans mucus can go along with irritable bowel syndrome.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:28 pm

I don't know about gp's but in humans mucus can go along with irritable bowel syndrome.
Vet believes she has IBD(irritable bowel disease) as all other test come back normal. Thanks for replies Lynx and Bookfan. Lynx sent you a message with pictures.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 8:49 pm

Hard to see the actual quality of the hay. The first one (with the clover) does look much greener and looks like it is mostly a grass hay. I can't make out the clover. I would give it a try.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:15 am

Seller of clover hay got back to me and said it is roughly 70% clover. The second hay is dry and dead looking but all the girls seem to like it. Do you think I should still try the clover one? Plus finally have Jill's poops 85% normal and am reluctant to make any changes. Thanks Lynx.