Gizmo's Medical Thread

maggieP

Post   » Wed May 05, 2021 2:52 am

He passed tonight. I wish I could have done something more.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed May 05, 2021 1:26 pm

I’m so sorry about Gizmo, you have my sympathy. He was so well cared-for, you did everything you could. Sometimes there is just too much going on with their health that the battle can’t be won. He had a wonderful life with you.

Take care of yourself.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed May 05, 2021 9:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear you lost him. From the description you gave, it sounds like he was seriously ill.

You have all our sympathy.

maggieP

Post   » Wed May 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Thank you both. I’m sure he’s in a better place now. 😊

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 11, 2021 12:14 pm

I'm sorry you lost Gizmo. We had a pig that did that weird regurg. thing. I've forgotten the details, but I think she was close to the end & had a variety of problems. The vets didn't know what caused it. We've lost a couple of pigs to stasis. I'm glad he had such a caring human - that's the best thing you can give a pig, imho.

maggieP

Post   » Tue May 11, 2021 12:55 pm

Thank you Bookfan. Hard to say if the stasis / not eating was the root issue, most likely there was some other underlying cause but vets didn’t see anything the last few times.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue May 11, 2021 1:36 pm

The stasis diagnosis with our two pigs was confusing. One of them had a URI 2 days after the stasis dx and died the third day in spite of treatment. We had her at the vet 3 times between a Fri. & Mon. to no avail. Who knows what was really going on. I do remember how upset I was. Thinking of you and Gizmo (who is romping at the rainbow bridge in fields of green grass).

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue May 11, 2021 8:31 pm

I'm sorry about Gizmo.