Wilber and Grady

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:53 pm

You know exactly how to handle these situations. Lucky little piggies will grow up with good social skills and lots of attention.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:45 am

It probably helps that Wilber has started sticking up for himself. Instead of running away, he stands his ground and Grady backs off. I watch them carefully. Neither one shows any signs of battle injuries, so I'm relatively sure they aren't fighting.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:05 pm

Here's Grady! I just love those little Abby cheeks!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:06 pm

And Wilber sitting in his favorite spot with his epic rosette.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:27 pm

I can tell you love those guys to pieces!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:07 pm

I love all of my boys to pieces! These two babies are having the time of their lives. Great food, great environment lots of company and lots of love.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:36 pm

Too cold and windy for any of the guinea pigs to go outside again today. It's the third day in a row now. It's windy too so I've had to go out and pick the grass for them. For these two , it not much of a difference since they're still a bit little but for the others, they are itching to get out there. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, they've made tremendous progress. So much that I think they're ready to spend longer outside. Last time I had them out, it was for about 5-10 minutes. In that time, a couple of cars went by and an airplane flew over. It barely phased them and they kept on eating. They have no reservations about coming to the door of the cage, and I'm happy about that. They're getting along well too. The only thing left is for them to gain size and weight.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:49 pm

The babies enjoying some outside time under the watchful eye of big brother, Mr Bubbles.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Apr 29, 2021 4:52 am

They have grown so much! They are big boys now! On a side note, send my girls some grass as coming into Winter there is not much around and what we do get frost shrivels it. Great looking young boars!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 am

They are actually still pretty small next to the adults, but you are right about them growing so much. They are really coming along.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:26 pm

Talk about lush grass for those piggies! Ours is just getting started, and I do have some rye grass planted indoors but after the first cutting, it isn't growing back as quickly.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon May 03, 2021 8:58 pm

Last month I got 4 trays of wheat grass. I cut it almost down to the roots and split it between the piggies. I thought that rather than leave it in the plastic trays, I'd experiment with it and I planted it in the garden. I didn't expect much, but I was pleasantly surprised that it has really taken off. It's not getting overly tall, but it is twice as thick as it was when I got it. I'm anxious to see how long it lasts.