Jay and Jersey's thread

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:15 am

How cute - happy birthday Jersey! I know how unpopular those birthday hats are! Lacey had one, too, and it only stayed on long enough to snap a quick picture!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:59 am

and it only stayed on long enough to snap a quick picture!

Behind white towel is my hand holding hat on her head. Thanks for the replies Sef, Lynx and ItsaZoo. Contrary to what Jersey thinks she had a good day and was spoilt more than usual!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:37 am

Look at what my slaves have done to me again!

https://storage.proboards.com/2784610/t ... wtypcR.png
I prefer being here without the hat on my beautiful head. Going to take me ages to get my hair right again.This is my favourite place to be. Iam having a good day it is a little scary turning 2 as my slaves tell me when I turn 3 I will be middle age. I want to stay young forever! https://storage.proboards.com/2784610/t ... QysSBv.png

I had a great day so far and I ate all my treats and breakfast and lunch and wouldn't let Jersey have any! After all it is my birthday. She never shared on her birthday! So I is 2 and as punishment wear this silly hat and will spend hours fixing my fur again! 17th January 2021. https://storage.proboards.com/2784610/t ... rvrQLf.png

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:43 am

I am sure your guinea pigs don't mind!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:21 am

Happy birthday, Jay!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:55 pm

Happy Birthday, Jay. Looks like a piggy party is going on there!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:08 am

Took Jay to the vet too, Jay on the other hand he said was normal, I suggest a brain scan as she is a nut case, but he just chuckled and on his scale she was 900grams whilst on ours 840grams, guess there is just a scale discrepancy we will just have to get use too.

Thanks for replies ItsaZoo, Bookfan, Lynx, Jay says thank-you for the birthdays wishes too! Keep you posted.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:08 am

Jersey is 18mths old, for last 6 months she has had a cough like a choking cough. When she went to vet she got the all clear.
When Jill left us we separated Jay and Jersey and they seemed happy.

Now last two days, when you pick Jersey up especially her head kind of jerks and her mouth starts to gasp for air. Now we lost Jemma, Jupiter both piggies this way and Dusty our dog and Thumper our rabbit this way where they fainted and heart stopped. So now we are too scared to touch Jersey in case same thing happens.

Any suggestions as to what this could be, how to handle her with out stressing her out? Is it her heart? I am worried she is not eating but don't want to stress her! Thanks for any replies!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:47 am

It seems to me that there's something in the environment -- virus, fungus, bacteria, whatever. Losing four other animals the same way suggests some cause external to the animals themselves, not a heart condition.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Aug 06, 2021 10:33 am

The first two piggies, dog and rabbit left us before we moved here. So guessing a URI is out of the question too? The other 3 piggies Jinx, Jewel and Jay for now touching wood are normal. Would it change of hay? Due to drought and bush fires we have take what we can get. Thanks bpatters.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 06, 2021 2:26 pm

I know some grasses, like Johnson grass, can be a big problem during drought. If you have people who raise horses in the area, they might be able to tell you something about the hay and how safe it is.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sat Aug 07, 2021 1:14 am

That’s got to be so difficult, Daisymay. I wouldn’t think URI if it’s been going on this long. I hope you and the vet can figure this out.