Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:52 am

Are you able to get the green, stinky poops (ceacal feces) to give?

Just the normal poops. Jay 2 years, Jersey 14 months move very quickly. Will see how we go for now, otherwise will have to have Jay and Jersey out till we DO get the Ceacal poops. Thanks Lynx.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:20 pm

I hope you can get this under control. Sometimes it’s so hard to balance meds and figure out what is causing what. But as you well know, antibiotics in general mess with digestion.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:24 pm

Not getting my hopes up but poop soup may be working. I will have to get Jay and Jersey out to try and get some more! Thanks ItsaZoo.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:44 am

Went to vet and thankfully no stones. BUT Jill has wind everywhere, tummy, intestines and abdomen. So she is (a) back onto Flagyl twice a day, Metomide a tenth of a tablet twice a day, Protexin twice a day and poop soup 4 times a day. Hoping she will improve.

I know Flagyl is for 7 days not sure on Metomide as vet was busy. Windy is pushing on diaphragm so she may be in pain. Should I put her on Meloxicam even though she is drinking a lot of water? It could be kidneys or she could be trying to push things a long. Lynx will send you the X-rays. There's 4 all up choose the ones that are best.

Jill doesn't feel or look gassy, tummy not extended, not hard, showing no signs of being gassy. Had me stumped but vet picked it up as soon as she looked at her. Weird one for me. To be gassy but show no signs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:41 am

Has her weight changed? Here are your pics:

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:44 am

Has her weight changed?

Yes it is going downwards. Only eating grass and hay. Was around 1000grams 7-10 days ago now around 850grams.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:45 am

I am very glad she is eating grass and hay (good for her teeth). I wish she was able to maintain her weight though.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:48 am

I wish she was able to maintain her weight though.

Me too. Have everything crossed here. Yet yesterday Jill was full of energy wheeking for food etc and now this. Strange how quickly things can change. Speak of the devil she is wheeking again. Music to my ears!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:54 pm

i hope the meds get that cleared up. It must be so uncomfortable.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:21 am

Jill has little gut movement and gas and mushy poops. She is on Metoclopramide (Metomide)tablets. But 10mg and only a tenth of a tablet. Hope to see improvement soon. She is also on a Probiotic Pro8nature used to be Protexin. Hoping thinks get better soon.

Thanks for reply ItsaZoo! Keep you posted!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:50 am

Okay got test results back for Jill's poop and here they are:
LEUCOCYTES: Not detected.
ERYTHROCYTES: Not detected.
NO parasites detected in direct preparation or zinc floatation.
GIARDIA ANTIGEN TEST: Negative.
CRYPTOSPORIDIUM ANTIGEN TEST: Negative.
CULTURES.
Faecal culture for Salmonella sp. : Negative.
Faecal culture for Campylobacter sp. : Negative.
Faecal culture for Yersinia sp. : Negative.

What left is there to test for? Something has to be causing mushy poops and weight lost. Will mention IBS to vet when she gets back to me today sometime.
Hoping someone can make heads and tails of these results it's all Greek to me. Keep you posted for those who care.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:39 am

The only thing I can add is that some tests can show up negative but are really positive because it depends on the sample.

I wonder if her gut is having issues processing the nutrients in her feces.

You might also want to re-read the whole page on diarrhea to help give you ideas and a fresh look at the diet you are providing (avoid grains):
https://www.guinealynx.info/diarrhea.html