Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:40 am

Jill is peeing and pooping well. Just notice she sort of swells up after syringe feeding. Good news is she is eating more on her own. Will remove Bactrim from diet Friday evening which means has been on it for 2 weeks.

As she is putting on weight am going to weigh her and stop hand feeding her and see how she goes on her own. Been hand feeding her since Joy her chat at the barrier passed away January this year.

Thanks for the reply Sef. Will keep you posted. Lynx could I send you a copy of Jill's X-ray?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:32 am

Sure. I can add it to this topic.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 12:47 am

Thanks Lynx. Will email it to you. NOT a very good one though. Jill is now eating on her own. Tomorrow last day for Bactrim.

If she continues to eat on her own will reduce syringe feeding until it is stopped and will monitor weight. If she starts losing massive again will go back to syringe feeding. Keep you posted.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:27 am

Jill's xray:

Jay's comparison xray:

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:49 am

Thank-you Lynx for adding X-Rays! Hope they show something?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 3:37 am

Jill has started when we syringe feed her she will flop down, put head on side and kind of arch her body as if going to yawn. Can anyone tell me why she has started this and should I be more worry than I am?

She is only on Protexin now. Monday or Tuesday if weight maintained we will drop syringe feeding to twice a day. She was 6 per day now 4 so 2 then none is the next way to go. Keep you posted. Do X-rays look normal to anyone? Thanking in advance!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:00 am

I don't really understand what you're describing. Is this after she eats? Or during? It doesn't sound normal, but I'd be hard-pressed to know what might be the cause. Does she act like there's something caught in her throat?

I can't really see anything in the x-ray out of the ordinarily other than quite a bit of gas.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:13 am

It's like she is exhausted and she flops down and kind of arches the body as if to yawn but doesn't yawn. She seems to only do this when syringe fed. Not seen her eat on her own.

Will keep an eye on her and if she does it again will go back to the vet. Thanks for reply Sef. Will keep up the massaging for the wind. Did little Jay have wind too? She has little pot belly too.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:15 pm

I wish I had some ideas for you but really do not know what is causing it. I am hoping for improvement.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:53 am

Have noticed when syringe feeding Jill her chest starts heaving fast. As the feed continues she is lying down flat. Her heart has been tested and all is fine.

Should we cut out or reduce syringe feeding-4 times a day. They are more of a supplement as losing weight on food alone. Or is it old age? She will turn 6 this month.

Any advice much appreciated as am a nervous wreck, today is the one year anniversary we lost her sister Jaffa, lost her other sister Jupiter in 2017. Thanks in advance and for reading.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:03 am

I wouldn't worry about it.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 am

I am worried as she flops down and looks like she will pass out. We have decided to reduce syringe feeds to see if it affects her weight.

We have also going extra slow when feeding to give her time to re-coup after/between syringes. If it continues we will be taking her to the vet again. Thanks for the reply bpatters!