Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:50 am

Nope. Not a word.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Wed Oct 23, 2019 12:40 pm

I ordered a sample of pellets that never came. I was able to get in touch with them (I forget the details) and they said something about having a sample request combined with a regular order. They then sent me the sample which I was afraid to try because I didn't want to change any food with my stone pig.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:06 pm

That's really unfortunate, Sef.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:53 am

I still have a sample of the alfalfa pellets they sent me back when one of our guys was losing weight and not eating on his own. I was hoping it would jump-start his appetite, but he wouldn't eat them. I was thinking I might try them with the youngster that we adopted this past weekend, but in looking at the pellets they are enormous. I don't remember KMS pellets being that large years ago. Is that something new?

lisam

Post   » Tue Nov 05, 2019 6:16 pm

Sef, you are right. The pellets are larger. In fact, some of my pigs won't eat the larger pellet (and occasionally we have babies and the larger pellets aren't easy for them either). So we had to switch to Oxbow, which I get through Chewy.

SSLee

Post   » Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:07 pm

Just received my first order of Rabbit Hole orchard hay through Chewy and can't complain. Just looking at the top layer, there is significantly less brown strands than my last order of KMS bluegrass hay.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:31 pm

I just went to KMS to order pellets for Hugo, but they are sold out!  I have never seen this happen there before.  I hate to change pellets on a six year old who has never had any other pellets before, but if I do, does anyone have any recommendations as to what I should switch to for him?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:09 pm

That is unfortunate! Have you tried contacting them to see when they will be back in stock?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Nov 25, 2019 11:14 pm

And have you checked Amazon.com? They carry KMS. Maybe they still have some in inventory.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:07 am

Yes, I did did contact KMS, but I haven't heard back from them yet. Hugo has enough pellets left to last about another week, so I will need to figure something out.

Thanks for the tip, Sef! I will check it out.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:25 am

Do you have a rescue nearby that uses them? Or are there any nearby guinea pig lovers/owners who use them you know?

It is hard to switch brands!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:03 am

Apparently the weather did a number on the northwest growing season. Wheat farmers, in particular, were hard hit by heavy late snows and cold weather, and were weeks late planting. Recent rains have affected the harvest. Maybe that also applies to hay in the area.