Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:14 am

Took Jaffa to see Carol Friday as she had sores on her neck, well tonight on her own they were worse. Stuck some old Revolution on Jaffa and she went crazy running up and down the cage jumping all over the place. We had to wash it off again. We only stuck it on cause she had made the sores worse. It's like she's really itchy now, most of the stuff evporated into the air. Might have to buy more, surely at 11 months they're old to use it?
She is still running crazy and we washed it off an hour ago, have we done something wrong? Revolution was in the fridge expiry day June 2015. It's like she's popcorning but with urgency.
Should we bring all 6 into see Carol? Sorry for bothering you

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:48 am

The running around may have been because it was cold and not at all due to the Revolution.

If she is inflicting significant damage to her skin, you may want to try a body bandage. www.guinealynx.info/.html
www.guinealynx.info/.html

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:51 am

I tried putting tape around her and this set her off again with a bandage. I have managed to quieten her down. I don't know whether to just buy the revolution or take her to the vet.

Why does the Revolution and Ivermetion(sp) evaportate in the air so fast? I couldn't get any up in syringe had to dab a tissue into bowl and then onto Jaffa. Is there some easy way to get the Revolution out from the bottles?

Thanks for the reply Lynx. Monday can't come too soon for me! Will try and take better pictures.

lisam

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:50 pm

If the itching is so bad, she might need a shot of cortisone.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Poor girl! I am putting up your clearest picture. It does look like she is doing some real damage! I do think a body bandage might help and (as lisam suggests) perhaps a shot of cortisone or something to control the pain and itching.

lisam

Post   » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:43 pm

Ouch. I think definitely cortisone and maybe even some antibiotics.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:44 am

Thanks for the pictures Lynx. Kirsty said to bring her in. Weigh her, wait 2 weeks and give her Advocate. Have to wait 2 weeks cause of the Revolution we put on her.

Has anyone used Advocate on a piggy? Vetrap in the mail for her. Has anyone put a bucket on a piggies head?

I will ask Kirsty about the injection and AB's tomorrow when go in for a weigh in. BUT Kirsty like us don't like to mix medications. Would the Cortisone mix with the Revolution?

Thanks for the replies Lynx and Lisam. I'll give Jaffa some cuddles and kisses from you both.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:13 am

Some people have fashioned a collar (soft, flexible material) to prevent picking at stitches. Would interfere with eating special poops.

What is Advocate (appears to be moxidectin - I do not know if ? Unsure about this waiting 2 weeks part. Given the severity and pain, I would not wait so long. Cortisone could be given along with Revolution.

Talishan's vet has warnings about moxidectin in Advantage II (the dose is imporant):
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... in#2207500

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:56 am

We were told about the silly hats when we came here but never expected to look this silly!

Yesterday the 15th was our first birthday but Mum and Dad celebrated today as they wanted the 15th dedicated to Jessie passing.

Don't we look silly? At least the gifts, treats and cuddles made up for a little of the humilation of wearing those hats. If we have to wear them next year we'll see our lawyers!

Happy first Birthday to us-Jaffa, Jill and Jupiter(in order of picture.)

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Happy birthday, ladies!

GrannyJu1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Too cute!!

Happy Birthday, babies. You don't look your age! :o)

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:20 am

Thanks for the replies C. Cole-Chakotay and GrannyJu1. Thank-you for the compliments. Can you believe we got spolit again on what Mum and Dad call Christmas. Want to call it the good life? It's no wonder we have chubby bellies though we tell Mum and Dad we're big boned.