Deathnapping

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2021 8:36 am

im sure we have all experienced our pigs trolling us with scary looking naps and sleep, but it it symptomatic of something? ive got an older pig (6) and she has been deathnapping a little more than usual lately. with her age, the fright is real, and each time i poke her to make sure she is still with us she does the classic "what is wrong with you" reaction.
hopefully im not alone here

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2021 9:23 am

Heart problems, possibly. We've had more than one person say that their heart pigs slept very deeply.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:39 pm

Sometimes it's sign of a very healthy, happy and content guinea pig. My oldest pig, Mr Bubbles is 5 and has always been a very sound sleeper. He curls up under his house and sleeps very soundly. He always has. Most of my other pigs sleep well, but wake up very easily. The older ones who have been with us longer wake up without being too startled. The younger ones jump up and run.

It's not uncommon for senior pigs to sleep more and do it soundly. I'd get her a checkup from your vet and if all is well, I'd just keep an eye on her and not worry too much unless you see a decline in eating, droppings or lethargic behavior while she's awake.