KMS Hayloft

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:32 pm

Got the same email.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:11 pm

I just got an email from Dan to let me know that the timothy pellets will start milling next week!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:50 pm

Hrphm! I didn't get that email, and they charged me for pellets a month ago! Let's see if I get to the front of the queue for receiving the new batch. Had to buy Oxbow in the meantime.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:33 pm

I didn't get that email, either---but I got one the other day saying they would send me an update (it wasn't from Dan; some name I didn't recognize). I really feels like the left hand at KMS doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Anyway, that's good to hear. I am running low again and had to order Oxbow, too. My last batch of KMS came from Amazon.com (they sent 5 lbs. and not 10 lb, but that might have been my fault), but they are sold out there, too.

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:34 pm

It was a reply to an email I sent asking when they expected to get them in again, not a bulk mailing. My guys came from a pellet-free home, but I had to go and introduce them to KMS!  They don't eat many, so I can hopefully stretch them out before resorting to a bag of Oxbow.  They didn't want these at first, so I don't know what they would think of Oxbow.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:08 pm

I'm hoping I can mix mine with Garden Select to help stretch it as much as possible. :\

Renonvsparky

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 3:34 am

I found a place to get Timothy Hay and Oxbow pellets so I don't have to get them online. Tractor Supply Store has 50 lb bales of Timothy Grass and so far it's been really fresh and green. Since I didn't know where anything is around here, being new to the area I have been looking into KMS Hayloft when I found that store. I have to drive an hour and a half round trip, but it's better than having order online and waiting for the mail. I can make the trip worthwhile by getting a month's supply too.

The hay is $22.50 per 50 lb bale and the pellets are $8 for a 5 lb bag. My pigs eat pellets, but they don't eat much of them, so 2 bags can last them for the month. I should have known that moving to farm country would make getting supplies for my guinea pigs easier, cheaper and I would get better hay.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Beware the pellets, though. Look for corn in them. If there is alfalfa, more suitable for young and pregnant pigs. You may need to still find a low calcium timothy based pellet for the adults.

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:18 pm

I was just about to make a new thread about any other place I may be able to buy pellets since kms has been sold out for a while and saw this thread lol
I am running low but i guess I'll wait till next week and ration.

Incase I do need to buy some, what is the next best place for that?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Oxbow is the only other brand we recommend.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Does oxbow call their pellets essential adult guinea pig food?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 pm

Yes.