KMS Hayloft

daj

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:43 pm

Does anyone know if they are having problems? I ordered pellets on the 20th and haven't gotten any updates. The phone is just the greeting saying no one is available, and they haven't responded to an attempted contact via their Web site. Now, I will definitely run out, and I will hat switching brands.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:12 pm

I wonder if the fires are impacting them. There is nothing on the website that gives any updates?

Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with their operation and have no advice/experience.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:35 pm

I tried to order a batch from their website the other day but it was showing "Sold Out." I ended up buying from a seller on Amazon.com, but I don't think they will arrive before I run out. My fall-back is usually Oxbow Garden Select.

daj

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:15 am

Oxbow GS is my fall-back too. I think it's a bit higher in calcium, but I don't know of anything better. I have already started mixing it in. I hadn't thought of the fires. Seems a good possibility. I didn't see anything on their site.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:21 am

I don't know specifically about KMS, but I read today that a huge percentage of crops in the northwest have been affected by the fires, and that there'll be a national hay shortage this year.

daj

Post   » Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:27 pm

I got a response from them today saying my auto-ship order was refunded, and it included links to buy on Amazon. I didn't ask for the refund, I was awaiting pellets. I also didn't know they sold on Amazon, but they are $5.00 more expensive there.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:44 am

They are more expensive on Amazon and they ship from a third party seller (not eligible for 2-day Prime shipping).

I actually ran into this with my last KMS order, but fortunately they were able to get the pellets back in stock before I ran completely out.

The boys are not happy that I'm having to ration...

daj

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:20 pm

I am wondering what the situation with KMS is. They haven't responded to me saying I did not request to cancel my auto-ship. I wonder why they did and issued a refund... I see nothing on their Web site indicating problems, but it seems to not be allowing me to order.

I checked with the place where I get hay. Theirs comes from Colorado, so the guy didn't foresee shortages, but I don't think he exactly has his finger on the pulse of what lies ahead. I will be visiting to stock up this weekend. What on earth happens for the pigs and other animals when hay is in short supply? I suppose they just suffer the consequences.

daj

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:24 pm

Looks like there are complaints of no response from KMS on their Facebook page, along with posts apparently from KMS seeming oblivious. One person said they heard KMS was sold. Would love to know what's going on.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:11 pm

I hope that isn't the case (KMS being sold). Last time I ran into issues with not getting a response, I did post on their FB page that they were ignoring my emails. This elicited a somewhat snarky email from the owner that I didn't really think was justified as I had sent three emails asking for a status on my order and heard nothing back. I wasn't happy about it, but they're still the best pellet available here in the US, and I have been willing to put up with crappy customer service for the sake of my guys.

They really need to tell customers what the heck is going on, though. I haven't gotten a shipping update from the third party seller, either.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 28, 2021 11:33 pm

The original owner sold the company. The new people had been running it. I don't know if it has been sold again.

daj

Post   » Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:15 am

I just got a notification from KMS saying my order was declined bcs of my credit card. (previous was recently closed due to attempted fraud) What a crude Web site. That's nearly 2 weeks gone by without knowing what the issue was. At least they haven't folded, but now we will see how long it takes to actually get the pellets. I won't be holding my breath. Oxbow will have to do if KMS is going to be unreliable.

This has made me wonder though, how has the consensus come to hold that KMS is the best? Is this based simply on reading the labels of various brands?