KMS Hayloft

sozansound2

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:18 pm

I was just about to make a new thread about any other place I may be able to buy pellets since kms has been sold out for a while and saw this thread lol
I am running low but i guess I'll wait till next week and ration.

Incase I do need to buy some, what is the next best place for that?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:46 pm

Oxbow is the only other brand we recommend.

sozansound2

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:09 pm

Does oxbow call their pellets essential adult guinea pig food?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:05 pm

Yes.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2021 2:41 pm

I get my Oxbow pellets from Chewy.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Sep 05, 2021 8:01 am

I sent them another email last week but haven't heard anything back. My bag of pellets is now down to a precious few and being mixed 50/50 with Oxbow Garden Select.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:31 am

It would be interesting if someone who had the funds to do so would pay for an analysis of the KMS pellets to compare the timothy and alfalfa pellets for all nutrients and calcium content.

Do all the bags you have been receiving have labels that look like this? The date should be adjusted depending on when milled.

Here's an example of a pellet for swine and laboratories that might analyze it:
https://www.asi.k-state.edu/research-an ... lysis.html

The above page gives an idea of how to interpret data and what sort of data might be included in an analysis. They do recommend resampling if values are outside of normal. However, I do think that given the very small amounts of pellets each guinea pig usually eats, uniform dispersal of ingredients is extremely important.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Sep 18, 2021 10:47 am

That is the label.

I'm getting really frustrated with KMS. They sent me an email a week or so ago that the pellets were being milled and would be available "soon," which was a huge relief. When I didn't see any other updates, I wrote back and asked if they knew when they would be ready to ship. One of their reps emailed me back to say that he or she could "put together an order for you and invoice you." I thought that was great, and wrote back immediately to say YES, please do that. Didn't hear back. Wrote to them twice last week for a status and ask if they are sending me an order (their website still shows timothy pellets are out of stock) but have not had any response. Again, I understand that circumstances can happen beyond their control, but why can't they respond to customer emails---or at least post an update on their site?

Meanwhile, I am almost completely out of KMS pellets, now, and have been mixing 50/50 with what I thought was Oxbow Garden Select---only to realize that I ordered the wrong thing and have been using the Organics formula for close to two weeks, which has calcium carbonate in it. So now I'm scrambling to get a bag of GS and hoping that I don't run into bladder issues with our guys because of this mistake.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:31 pm

How frustrating for you! I know there can be issues with mills (Linda had to deal with this) but I think she did a better job keeping in contact with her customers.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:15 pm

Thanks for pointing that out about Oxbow pellets. I have been feeding the Essentials Adult pellets, which does not list calcium carbonate in the ingredients. So I assumed they made their other pellets without calcium carbonate, too. But I just checked and the Essentials Adult seem to be the only ones without calcium carbonate. Yesterday I ordered a small bag of Essentials Young pellets, but maybe that wasn’t such a good idea.

daj

Post   » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:23 pm

So, I cancelled my autoship weeks ago, and recently I got an email saying my shipment was on its way. I responded to say I cancelled and did not want the pellets. I got a quick response from Dan saying it was his mistake. I checked my card and they have not billed me, but I just noticed they billed me twice in July without shipping anything, and they issued one refund in early Aug. I will dispute the unrefunded charge. I just want to be done with KMS.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:28 pm

Per an email from KMS, my pellet order is about to ship, two months after I was billed. That's great, but during those two months I had no communication whatsoever about the delay, including no response to an email complaining about it.