Buttercup

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Jun 03, 2021 1:35 am

If she was bullied in the past, she's probably going to be fine having space to herself. Having no friends is usually better than having bad friends!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:13 pm

Well that makes perfect sense. I'd rather be by myself than with a bully. Why would a guinea pig feel any different? 🙂

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2021 3:55 am

Jill was bullied by her late sisters Jupiter and Jaffa so now lives alone as sadly she has become a bully when we have tried to pair her up. But she can see Jay and Jersey through the barrier. It is the best she'll let us get. She's happy. If Buttercup is happy and not losing weight then I would leave as is!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 6:18 pm

Renonvsparky - you might enjoy this :
Re: Moving to Missouri

Reminds me of the story Mark Twain tells of the little girl whose family was moving to Missouri. When it came time to leave, the little girl ran out in front of the house and said,

"Good-bye, house, I’m going to Missouri!"

"Good-bye, green grass, I’m going to Missouri!"

"Good-bye, God, I’m going to Missouri!"

At this point he corrected himself and said the little girl never did say, "Good-bye, God, I’m going to Missouri!"

She said, "Good! By God, I’m going to Missouri!"

People in some parts of the state say "Missoura".

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:43 pm

Renonvsparky, you're going to need all that extra space in Missouri with your growing family! I hope it's a wonderful move for you.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 6:34 am

You may be right. I was planning on rehoming the babies when they are old enough, except maybe one of the females to keep with Buttercup if there are any (won't find out until they are two weeks old). My wife wants to keep them all. We'll see what happens. Don't worry though. I plan on charging a rehoming fee, which I will donate to the local animal shelter. Or if the adopters don't trust me to do that, they can have the piggie if they make it themselves and provide a receipt for proof.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 30, 2021 4:55 pm

She will probably appreciate a younger pig friend.