Seeking cage recommendations

Koyuki_Neko

Post   » Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:19 pm

I have two male guinea pigs that don't get along. I have needed to keep them separated due to aggression. They are currently in two separate cages next to each other, but one of the cages broke. I am looking for a large cage with a divider to help facilitate supervised visits. They do like to talk to each other so I want them to be able to see each other, but keep them separated when unsupervised in case there are any incidents. Any recommendations for a nice cage with a sturdy divider?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:09 pm

Google "cube and coroplast cage" or go to guineapigcages.com. You can make a spacious divided cage relatively cheaply and easily with those materials.

M1dn1ght

Post   » Tue May 04, 2021 9:12 am

You could also get an inexpensive animal playpen and attach it to the cage you still have. One lives in the pen and the other in the cage. When you want them to visit, just open the cage door.

That’s what I did when I had to separate my boars. Both spaces had an equal number of hides, a water bottle, food dish, and hay rack. They lived perfectly comfortable that way.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed May 05, 2021 1:40 am

I've had a total of 4 boars who just refused to share living quarters over the last 5 or so years. Only one, Mr Bubbles remains. I an familiar with the situation you have. To give both of them a big enough living space, especially butted together is a challenge. I ended up getting each one of them this cage:

It was pricey, but my boys are worth it. The only difference between my situation and yours is that visits without a barrier is totally out of the question in my case. With only one lone pig left in my herd of 7 boars, it still takes up a lot of space put Mr Bubbles next to one of the pairs. To give you an idea, two of those cages butted together is 8 feet long.