Random Guinea Pig Fun!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:12 pm

I know that feeling! I went to a stylist who thought he was an “artist” and I came out looking like a poodle! Looking back I should have known better. The stylist was recommended by one of my in-laws who met when they were in treatment together. Live and learn!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:45 pm

A poodle!? Somehow that does not sound like an attractive hair style!

So glad hair grows!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:20 am

I can laugh about it now. I went in with long straight hair and came out with a short curly ‘do. I had never seen a hair pick before and had no idea what to do with that tangled mess. The kind people I worked with kept a straight face as they complimented my new look.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:46 am

Cut off long straight hair & make it short & curly?? Gah. I am and have always been a long hair fan. My mom talked me in to getting my hair cut (ponytail cut off - weird but I've still got it) when I was about 7. I know my hair was fine & straggly, but it looked terrible short. My sister talked me in to cutting my hair-down-to-my-waist to about shoulder length in 1974. I still regret that.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:42 am

Have any of you seen the Guinea Pig Nutcracker? It's in book form and very cute. They have awesome costumes and the photos are adorable! Highly recommend it!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:28 am

Yes! There are a whole series of guinea pig "classics," all very cute. Lynx has them listed on the new GL Holiday page:
https://www.guinealynx.info/holiday.html

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:23 pm

That's so cute! I will be collecting those.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 pm

They are very cute. Be sure to use the links on the Holiday page when you order -- sales from these books help support the board! ;)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:39 pm

By the way, the classics come in a set and I think it is less expensive to buy them that way than one by one.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 12:21 am

Would love to see a GP Gone With the Wind. The costumes would be epic!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:56 am

With luck, a certain dress made from curtains would include a curtain rod a la Carol Burnett!
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File ... _Dress.JPG
The famed Curtain Dress, designed by Bob Mackie and worn by Carol Burnett during the "Went With the Wind!" sketch on "The Carol Burnett Show". This sketch was originally broadcast on CBS November 13, 1976. The Curtain Dress is on display at the Smithsonian Institution's National Museum of American History in Washington, DC.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2019 10:32 am

Lynx, that has to be one of my all-time favorite scenes from that show. "I saw it in the window and had to have it," Scarlett (Carol Burnett) quips as she shows off her flowing curtain dress---curtain rod included. Classic.