Veterinarian and Veterinary Dentist Recommendations

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:10 pm

I have a question - do you think we should have two categories, American Veterinarians and International Veterinarians?

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:12 pm

Might make it a little easier, since there is a long list of locations.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Yes. My biggest problem is trying to add countries and specify the order. When a new forum is added, it goes to the bottom. Or if all international listings were below the states listing, that could work too.

Which would you prefer, Talishan? Tracis? bpatters?

Two categories or one;
if one, which group on top (international or american).

Anyone else can weigh in if they wish.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:30 pm

Could you add by continent, and then countries within the continents? That would give it some order.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:40 pm

I guess it would partly depend on how many eventual countries there might be.

Phantomhorse

Post   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:20 pm

FLORIDA
Deerfield Beach
Broward Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital
Dr. Susan Kelleher D.V.M., Dr. Lauren Thielen D.V.M, Dr. Matt Grootenboer, V.M.D
611 NW 31st Ave.
Pompano Beach, FL 33069
PH: (954) 968-7171
FAX: (954) 968-8414

I have had spays, neuters, x-rays, pneumonia, ear infections, teeth fractures and breaks, bloat, dehydration, babies, and more.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:55 pm

I see this entry. Is it the wrong address?

Deerfield Beach
Broward Avian & Exotic Animal Hospital
http://www.exoticanimalcare.com
Susan Kelleher DVM
1101 S. Powerline Rd.
Suite 108
Deerfield Beach, FL 33442

Phone: (954) 968-7171

[Dr. Schneider] did brilliant work on Amee's spay. Dr. Kelleher is on limited office hours since she's just had a baby (which delayed Mr. Snuggles's neuter by a month).
Contributed by: ChadWPB - 7/30/2004, 1:34 pm
Website verified: March 5, 2016

Cramer
Supporter 2018

Post   » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:40 am

Name: Dr. Santiago Diaz (Exotic Animal Hospital of Orlando)
Address: 24 Sturtevant St Orlando, FL 32806
City: Orlando, FL
Phone Number: 407-286-3484

Personal experience: Dr. Santiago Diaz (not to be confused with the OTHER exotics vet Dr. Orlando Diaz of Lake Howell Animal Clinic) is a fantastic vet. When my girl Nutmeg was sick he did everything he could to make her better. He was the first vet to offer affordable lab draws, nebulizer treatments, and aggressive medical treatment. While unfortunately my girl ended up passing, he actually did everything he could to save her. The previous vet just wanted to throw antibiotics at her.
Dr. Diaz is extremely knowledgeable, and only sees exotic animals. He told me he regularly has several guinea pig patients each year. He's relatively new to owning his own private practice and has only been in Orlando for the last year or so, and before he was a DVM he was a vet tech in an exotics vet office for many years.
My favorite thing about him is his approachability and the ease of communication with him. He actually allows his clientele to email him directly and encourages us to do so. Even during busy days he replies to emails. He's also pretty easy to reach on the phone when he's in the office, of course if he isn't seeing another patient.
I highly recommend him to anyone in the area. I'll definitely be bringing my remaining girls to him for their regular checkups.

MariusMum

Post   » Sun Dec 24, 2017 11:11 am

Masaaqpequa Hospital for Animals
4186 Sunrise Highway
Massapequa, NY
Great, prompt service. Their exotics vet was very knowledgeable. Only $106 for a small illness

Fighterragon

Post   » Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:39 pm

Ontario, Ohio has the Animal Medical Center of Ontario. They're my go to with an incredibly knowledgeable staff that will do everything they can to help AND keep costs low. After 2 or 3 appointments they'll know you by name, and treat you like you're good friends. https://animalmedicalcenterofontario.com/

Columbus, Ohio has Medvet Hilliard. It's very expensive, but is some of the best 24/7 vet care in the area. They have saved my piggies lives at 2am a couple of times, and were very compassionate, caring, and respectful when we had to euthanize one of my babies at 4am. Just have your doctor on speed dial for when you get the bill.