Ah, thanks. Mystery solved!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:56 pm

;)

amanda_mcd

Post   » Mon Nov 06, 2023 2:05 am

I absolutely meant deaf - autocorrect on my phone 🤦🏻‍♀️

Willow is living a good life. She'll be 3 at the end of this month. Lives well with her head tilt. Certainly doesn't stop her.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:49 am

Glad Willow is doing well and learned with the head tilt. Did you get the X-rays of scan done in the end? Way to go Willow!

amanda_mcd

Post   » Fri Nov 17, 2023 1:42 am

She is doing well. This is the sister of Danni who we lost yesterday having had to put her to sleep with her heart/breathing issue becoming too much for her little body.

Fortunately Willow has still been eating and showing interest in things around her.

We didn't get the x-ray in the end as she is living a fairly normal life. She has a large C&C cage in our living room with fleece/bath mat liners. Her head title doesn't hold her back.
The only time it's really noticeable is when she's outside her cage as of course us lifting her and then her sitting on us (who are not flat) has her off balance slightly. But nothing seems to hold her back thankfully.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:48 am

So sorry to hear about Danni. RIP wee one. Run free in perfect health. Watch over your sister and slaves till together again. Glad Willow is doing well. A real little nugget.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:19 am

Thanks for the update on Willow. Happy to hear she is still doing well despite the head tilt. So sorry for your loss of her sister Danni. Unsure how many guinea pigs you have in total (just Willow now?) but you might want to read this over for Willow:
https://www.guinealynx.info/alone.html

I hope she continues to do well.

amanda_mcd

Post   » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:08 am

Thank you for the link to the guide.

Yes it's just Willow now. This is the first time we've ever went down to one. So far she looks to be doing okay but of course we are keeping an extra close eye on her.
We purchased a sugglepad so she can have the feeling of sleeping next to something with a heat. Due to her disabilities post ear infection, we usually keep the cage set up very similar each clean as she knows where to find everything. She also has a soft toy in the cage. The large C&C cage is situated in our living room and so there's plenty of company throughout the day. Willow has been out and about at the moment and seems to be keeping a consistent weight around 1000g.

Returning to work in person having worked from home for 2.5 years during peak COVID, I installed a piggie cam so I can look in on them too. This also helps me see how many times she is out and about as it records movement.

I'll never say never because Willow's needs will come first, but our current line may end with Willow. Three losses in a year, two this year, have been extremely difficult. If she needs a pal we will absolutely consider it however.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:58 pm

Some people will foster another guinea pig to keep their single, older guinea pig company. It can even be helpful just to know another animal is in the house, even if they do not get along well enough to share a cage.

I am sure you will keep close track of her. Very handy to have a piggy cam. Sounds like you are doing a great job making life interesting for her. It would be nice if you were still able to work from home (good for the soul and for many, they can get more work done).