Eye ulcer snd vet visit

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:23 am

She is rejecting her veggies so my suspicion was correct. Something didn't feel right last night when I was massaging her belly.

Called the vet and have to wait to hear back. She was so close to being 100% herself too.

Again as a reminder she has significant air inside her her belly.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:43 am

She prefers not to move and she feels weak when I hold her to give her the morning painkillers and motility meds.

Had to stimulate her to bite which she tends to do on her own before.

Edit: scratch that. She does not want to walk but I did see her grooming herself just now.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:19 pm

I keep hearing her do sime kind of spitting sound every now and then and I have no clue why.

I see her mouth has a good amount of saliva in it and there is bubbles which I think is her making them when she makes those noises

Edit: she is pushing out saliva. Under the towels were her mouth is is wet with what she is spitting. Maybe she is trying to spit something out?
Last edited by sozansound2 on Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:30 pm

Here is a video of the noise I am talking about

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:43 pm

I was gonna give her critical care but seeing as she is spitting out saliva, I am afraid whatever she could be spitting out will just get pushed back. That is if that is the cause.

I called the vet but they are in lunch I believe.

I looked more inside her mouth and it is allot of saliva bubbles as well. Like soap bubbles you blow (the ones kids use to play outside), not small foaming bubbles.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:00 pm

That's not good. My suggestion would be to get her the vet ASAP.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:47 pm

I made it to the vet with her but she was weaker and was already getting ready to pass away which she did not long after.

She is resting now.

Thank you everyone for the help you guys provided. I appreciate it and I am sure my late pigs did too.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:58 pm

Oh no, I am so sorry. :( You tried so hard and did everything you possibly could for her.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:34 pm

I'm sorry you lost her. You did right by her and gave her a great life.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:24 pm

I'm so sorry - my sympathy to you! She had such good care with you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 7:58 pm

Oh, I am so very sorry you lost her. The drooling and bubbles were very worrying. It calls to mind my guinea pig, Kitten, who drooled excessively, quickly went downhill and was euthanized. I had a gross necropsy done (nothing was sent off, the vet examined the organs) and she is the guinea pig that had the tumor that had spread to several organs. I found it very helpful to have had that necropsy done because it provided answers I would not have had otherwise.

You have all our sympathy. I know how hard you tried to help her.

sozansound2

Post   » Wed Feb 09, 2022 9:10 pm

i thought it was only fitting to put a face for each of my babies. the brown/white is my male pig, Burrito. The all grey pig is my female pig, Honey.
This was a very old picture back from 2018 of both of them.