We went to the ER vet Monday evening and she was there overnight. She has only been nibbling a few veggies (bell pepper, cucumber, greens) since last weekend.
We are doing the following regimen:
- Critical Care every 3-4 hours (trying to get around 40g dry CC a day)
- Trimethoprim Sulfa - antibiotic - give 0.35ml by mouth twice a day for 30 days
- Meloxicam - anti-inflammatory / pain medication - give 0.13ml by mouth twice a day for inflammation and
- Gabapentin - pain reliever - 0.04 to 0.1ml every 8-12 hours if seems painful and the meloxicam is not
enough. If makes too sleepy can give the lower dose; if seems more painful can give the higher dose, but it
will just make her more sleepy
- Cisapride - for GI motility to keep her stomach and intestines moving - 0.16ml twice a day
- Probiotic - ProBios (last vet gave us this when we had antibiotics for a different GP)
- Picks up a few bits of hay and throws it around but doesn't eat
- Does eat a few soft veggies like greens/lettuces, bell peppers, some cucumber
- Has a few moments of "freezing up" when doing feedings and possibly when urinating. Could this be a GI or stone issue?
- Doesn't seem too much more lethargic compared to previously, though mostly stay in the same pigloo
- Sometimes will eat a little of the CC on her own without having to do a syringe (but not enough)
- Teeth grinding/clicking occasionally - sign of pain?
- "There is some sludge in her bladder, and her bladder is thick which can be from chronic inflammation or a
cancer. There is a possible chance she could have a stone not necessarily in her bladder, but in her urethra.
There is also a possibility that the blood we are seeing is actually related to reproductive issues / a cancer or
infection of the uterus / from some other ovarian disease."
- "We will call with the results of the thyroid test and blood cells when it comes back in a few days."
- Said it wasn't teeth or mites
- I think she said she did ultrasound and wasn't able to see any stones
- Anything we can do to get her wanting to eat on her own instead of just CC ?
- What else should I ask the second vet on Monday? (we are seeing a different one than the ER doc). Xrays, ultrasounds, dental exam under anesthesia?