Unsure of what happened to my pig

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:15 am

Oh my god..I am so sorry:(. I didnt see the rest of ugly photos..
Lynx can you please remove my post if its offensive...iam sorry. I only saw the first two phots on second page

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:29 am

Those pictures were shocking. Those poor guinea pigs. Broke my heart to see them like that! Hoping your piggy gets better really soon!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:09 pm

I'm not sure what you're asking. Adult male guinea pig testicles are fairly obvious. Are you seeing something unusual? You might do a Google search for "male guinea pig genitals" to compare.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:11 pm

That is interesting. I added a link to the pdf in the Records forum.

Lisa12

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:36 pm

Sef, thanks I did that and it seems with Irie that everything is allright. If I ll see ever anything wrong he will be taken to vet so he will check out, but for now I think its not needed.

I am sorry I posted the link, cause I love guinea pigs and here its written(i only look at the first two photos to see whats normalon the inside and outside),its written that they killed the pigs(euthanasia) to research them.And I am against it, i love animals and i am vegetarian, but Lynx, you know what kind ofpolicy you have.

And Daisymay thanks for good wishes!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:40 pm

Very good; I'm glad it seems all is normal.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:53 pm

Lisa12, I absolutely understand your sadness regarding the euthanasia and dissection. Despite my sadness too, I do appreciate that this information can be of value in keeping our guinea pigs healthy.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:49 pm

I was going to say the same thing, but I didn't know how to put it without sounding insensitive. The valuable medical information our vets have keeps their sacrifice from being in vain. I feel a great deal of gratitude as well as sympathy for the ones who gave their lives so that other guinea pigs can be properly medicated and healed.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Ditto. It is distressing to see something like that, but think of it as potentially helping countless other guinea pigs through the information gained.

Lisa12

Post   » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:31 am

HEy we have a question for you:)!
What brands of watter bottles do you have?

Irie likes the one with a long *gate* Vitakrafts one...
you ve got to fix the gate on plastic part yourself and than there is a watter bottle...
However, we botught the new one..i clean it regulary with tooth brush i have special for this..but it was so oldand i couldnt clean everything so i bought new one..
We re not very happy cause the water is sometimes coming out of it on its own..so...I fix it..and its a little better ...but still:S

I hope we will manage to repair this, cause he really loves thoose ones... And we even bought two so we have some parts that we can change..if something is off in one...we re so into do everything the best so Irie is one spoiled happy swine;).
Which type of watter bottles do you have..?

And all the best from us:)!!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:53 pm

I have a Kaytee Critter Canteen. It's just the cheapy kind that the local humane society sells. It works reasonably well and always dispenses water, but it does drip from time to time. I put a potholder under it and that is usually damp. There aren't a lot of different bottles around here and I don't want to start ordering different ones just to find out they all drip, so I put up with it.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:53 am

There's a washer in the spout of the bottle, where the spout connects to the bottle. Make sure it's the right size and is seated properly.