Crusty nipples -- whitish deposit

my2piggies

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:32 pm

Thanks Sonia, I have been following your "What is a " thread very closely and following the advice on there. It has been so helpful.

It called Supreme Recovery (thats what the prescription label says anyway). I prepared the mixture and was trying the get it into the syringe. Marcy was on my knee already at the time, she must have smelt it, she reached over to it tipped the bowl on its side, stuck her head in and started licking the mixture straight out of the bowl. Talk about making the slave feel un-needed lol.

I continued giving her grass and dandilion leaves (useful advice from pinta) as they were the only veggie type thing she would eat. I kept a close eye on the poops and they have stayed solid and are slowly getting larger and more frequent. I am running out of garden and dandilions, and to think i nearly got rid of all the weeds last weekend!! She is eating plenty of hay but strangely she is going for the drier browner stuff and leavng the greener stuff that she normally goes for. Oh well as long as she keeps eating something.

Occasionally she decides she fancies a bit of lettuce and will eat only lettuce, or another time it will be only tomato she eats. I have to take a piece of everything in to see what she goes for, then run back and get more of just that one thing.

I am seeing constant improvements all the time, today she ate her pellets on her own for the first time. Thats was good to see. Poops are nearly at normal size and frequency.
I have to admit she really has been a very good patient, I was expecting it to be alot harder than it has been especially after the 1st 24 hours but then things really picked up.

I am not letting down my guard yet, we still have a way to go but things are looking promising.
Last edited by my2piggies on Sun Mar 31, 2002 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonia

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 9:47 am

I am so relieved for you and Macey !!! Isn´t it a relief, when they show signs of improvement...talk about a huge sigh of relief, even if you are still watching them carefully !!!

I have to admit that I found Piggie picking at the drier browner hay too. I wonder why that is. Maybe it´s crunchier and more brittle so they don´t have to chew quite so hard. Keep weighing her though and it sounds like you are doing the right thing with the all the tempting. Well done, the pair of you !!!

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

my2piggies

Post   » Tue Apr 02, 2002 3:17 pm

Thanks Sonia, she had a check up today. She is doing very well, she has put on weight since the vet weighed her on Friday morning which is great. She did lose abit over the weekend but seems to have put it back on again. Today is amazing, I thought she was doing well before but today she finally got really really stuck into the pellets and starting eating more variety of veggies.

I had been considering making towels a permanent bedding feature, so much less mess than shavings but after todays poop output I am having second thoughts - I can´t keep up :D

Best wishes to you and Piggie and Bramble