Jill, Jaffa and Jupiter

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:15 pm

I wish I had some ideas for you but really do not know what is causing it. I am hoping for improvement.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:53 am

Have noticed when syringe feeding Jill her chest starts heaving fast. As the feed continues she is lying down flat. Her heart has been tested and all is fine.

Should we cut out or reduce syringe feeding-4 times a day. They are more of a supplement as losing weight on food alone. Or is it old age? She will turn 6 this month.

Any advice much appreciated as am a nervous wreck, today is the one year anniversary we lost her sister Jaffa, lost her other sister Jupiter in 2017. Thanks in advance and for reading.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:03 am

I wouldn't worry about it.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:17 am

I am worried as she flops down and looks like she will pass out. We have decided to reduce syringe feeds to see if it affects her weight.

We have also going extra slow when feeding to give her time to re-coup after/between syringes. If it continues we will be taking her to the vet again. Thanks for the reply bpatters!

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:15 am

bpatters sorry if my reply seemed rude! But I have lost a dog, a rabbit, 3 guinea pigs where their breathing becomes rapid, they go limp(maybe faint) and then their heart stops. I couldn't bear for it to happen again! So I am sorry if reply seemed off.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:35 am

I can see why you might be worried. Still hoping she improves!

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:32 pm

Any chance she'll eat mash (pellets or CC) off a spoon or something like that?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:48 am

Any chance she'll eat mash (pellets or CC) off a spoon or something like that?

Nope have tried. Taking her to vets tomorrow. Thanks for replies Lynx and Bookfan.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:13 am

Seems Jill's heavy breathing is due to getting older(6 next week). She did how ever have major ulcer on her eye so has eye ointment and pain medication, hoping she feels better soon.

When syringe feeding going extra slow to give her breathing space between them. Not good with a hot week ahead.Thanks guys! Girls wheek their thanks too.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:37 am

Glad you have some treatment for her eye. I hope it improves.

Maybe when syringe feeding, give her a vet small amount, give her time to chew and swallow, then offer a little lettuce leaf that’s been rinsed and is still pretty wet. When I fed CC to Lacey, that seemed to clear her pallet and get everything down. It’s a slow process, but it kept her from panicking.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:06 am

From what I understand, eye ulcers can be painful so that certainly might have affected her breathing. Hopefully it will heal up fine.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:11 am

15th December 2014 to now

Happy 6th birthday sweetheart. So sad your sister's are no longer with you to share this special day.
Though the way you love your father slave I don't think you miss them! You were born 15th December 2014 but we celebrate on the 16th as Jessie left us 15th December 2014. And you look similar to her too!

We hope and pray we have a few more birthdays to share together! You have bought us much happiness and pleasure and have warmed our hearts with love! Happy birthday darling, 6 years has gone way too fast. Can remember when you came to us! Our baby girl, happy birthday and many more to come! love0001 love0004

Image After 6 years still wearing these damn hats! Eye ulcer cleared!