Gidget

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:36 pm

I wanted to say I was familiar with the song but it wasn't a sticker! (no memory) I think some show theme songs stick forever - others not so much.

Gidget is still a winner!!!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:45 pm

I always seem to remember theme songs. I knew the whole song but I don't remember much about the show. I'll have to find some episodes on YouTube.

Yes, Gidget is a winner. She fell asleep on my lap last night. We have a few lap times each day when she snuggles into a burrito wrap and has treats.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 01, 2021 2:26 pm

Sounds like she's happy with her new home.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:41 pm

I bought one of those Oxbow play wall toys. At first she nosed around and took a bite at everything, then she lost interest. So I’m using it to hide corn husk and fresh veggies. She walks by, gets a whiff of something good and has to go back and check for treats.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:22 pm

Gidget started the day with a little lap time and a weight-in.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CUxeqqsl9My/

She's at 594 grams, which is up from the 540 she weighed about 3 weeks ago when we brought her home. She claims its all lean muscle from doing laps and healthy eating.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:51 pm

Oh my goodness, she's precious.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:27 am

Gidget has been part of the family for a whole month already. She's starting to figure out the important sounds in the house, like the veggie dish in the refrigerator, the bags in the freezer that hold corn husks and frozen bell peppers, and the kitchen faucet which sometimes means lettuce.

She's also making very soft wheeking sounds. She's getting more curious and she's learning about the snuffle mat, the treat ball, and her play wall. I don't think she had much for enrichment activities before.

In the evening, we have lap time. She snuggles in a blanket, has a few snacks and then she takes a nap while I read.

She just got a new Lixit brand hidey and I think she'd give it a 5-star rating.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVbFztMBG6M/

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:24 pm

Aww, what a cutie she is.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:02 pm

What a sweetheart! It sounds like she is settling right in.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:01 am

She's all kinds of adorable!

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:24 am

Gidget is an active little pig. As soon as I put her in her big pig cage, she investigates and then does a few runs. I bought a couple of wire cabinet shelves to put in the corners. I thought she would have more floor space since she can run through those from any direction. They are her favorite hideys. I just put a piece of fleece on top, until I noticed she hopped on top of one. So now I thread a wide strip of fleece through the wire, and then top it off with a fleece pad so she can't get her toes caught. They look like little car ports.

Here are a few pictures and a short video of her antics.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWOoYiRP9Bz/

pigjes
Cavy Comic

Post   » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:59 am

Awww! So sweet!