The 3 (new) little piggies

Renonvsparky

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 6:42 pm

I felt kinda bad that I didn't post about Oreo on the exact date of his passing, but I realized that today is the anniversary of us bringing his remains back home.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:01 pm

Beautiful boy! RIP Handsome Oreo. Have fun in paradise popcorning with your friends. Big hugs coming your way.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Apr 06, 2022 8:43 pm

He was a special guy. Some guinea pigs have a big place in our hearts.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:43 pm

He had an interesting coat with the white band around his middle. I'm glad he had a good home with you.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Sun Apr 10, 2022 3:54 pm

Such a cute white belt around his black coat. And the expression on his face, he had personality and was very lucky to have such a good life with you.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:17 am

He was pretty active right from the go. Never shy or scared, but he struggled to get out of my grasp and went to nipping because he didn't fancy being handled. He didn't mind me reaching in to pet him and let him nibble my finger though. Some piggies are just that way.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:38 am

3 black paws and 1 white one. Jay has 3 white and 1 black one. Who is he sticky beaking at? Wonder if he is thinking how to open the door? Has a very concentrated look on his face. Cutie little toes. RIP you little dickens!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:51 pm

That photo was taken the day we adopted him, Gilligan and Skipper from the humane society. They are in the next cage and he's trying to get them to come over and play with him. He loved to be near other guinea pigs, but he preferred not to be too close. Those 3 played through the wires all of the time. There was a string of apple sticks that reached through to both cages and they played tug of war with it. They rumble strutted and hung out next to each other most of the time. When I first got them, I thought that Gilligan and Skipper were female and that's why Oreo took such an interest in them, but they had been missexed. So it turns out that he really liked them. He loved Mr Bubbles too. I have many photos of them grazing together.

All of this reminiscing about Oreo puts a smile on my face.

Renonvsparky

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 2:50 am

Cage day today and I decided to get photos of my guinea pigs since it's been a while since I've posted updates on them other than medical issues. Gilligan and Skipper really hate being in the tote while I change their bedding. It's rare to see them sit still when they're in it. They usually chase each other around or climb up the side for me to get them out. Once back in their clean cage, they frolic around checking it out and then eat some of the fresh hay I always put in for them. Then they go into their tunnels to take a nap. You can see in this photo that the lump on Gilligan's nose is mostly gone and the fur over his scab is raised slightly.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Thu May 12, 2022 3:00 am

Ginger piggy really cool, calm and relaxed claiming his end of blanket. Love the white bits! The dark one love his white on butt looks like a wave, lovely colours! Reminds me of dear Jaffa!

Renonvsparky

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2022 7:25 pm

Oh my gosh, you guys! I was browsing around, looking for something else, not for guinea pigs to adopt (I can't take on any more than the 10 I already have) and I came across a one year old male guinea pig named Oreo and he looks nearly identical to our Oreo that we lost over a year ago. Only problem besides not having room for another piggie is that he's in St Louis. I'm being very honest when I say that the urge to drive the 160 miles and make room for him is nearly irresistible. Why do I do this to myself? Anyway, I thought I'd share him here.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Aug 26, 2022 9:33 pm

It is easy to fall in love with a guinea pig. Important to consider whether it is the right thing to do (space, time).