Make a Life Commitment
A guinea pig can be one of the most endearing and wonderful pets. They may live as long as 9 years (the average is 5 to 7), so the decision to bring one into your home must be made carefully.
- Learn why adoption is your best choice.
- Learn what it takes to raise a healthy happy guinea pig.
- Learn the signs of illness.
- Provide a healthy life with the right foods, housing, and health care.
- The more you give, the more you get. Spend time with your guinea pig and you will discover how charming and wonderful they can be.
Make It A Family Commitment
Your guinea pig(s) are completely dependant on you for food, water, medical care, and companionship. You can learn what it takes to be a great pet caretaker by following the health tips on this site.
Be there for the long haul. Discarding a pet sends the wrong message to your children. Treasure them, care for them, teach compassion and love. Your guinea pigs are now part of your life. Celebrate theirs, for they will reward you with love and trust throughout their lives.
Whether you consider yourself a pet owner, a pet caretaker or a pet guardian, YOU are responsible for the health and wellbeing of your guinea pig.
Discover what it takes to do it right.