Post   » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Kalamazoo / Portage
  • Milwood Animal Clinic
    www.milwoodanimalclinic.com
    Dr. Alissa M. Smitley
    5942 Lovers Lane
    Portage, MI 49002

Phone: (269) 342-9865

Dr. Smitley has treated 4 of my girls and I've been completely satisfied with their treatment. She is always open to anything I have for her to look over or suggestions and wants to learn as much as possible. She is also very good about getting back to me in a timely manner if she feels she needs to consult with someone.
    Just recently when I was there they gave me a folder with lots of info about the proper care, diet (promoting Oxbow products) and hay recommendations. I was very impressed that they are putting this out there for people who may not know any better.
    Contributed by: xxrw2 - 10/18/2005, 10:16 am
    Website verified: March 12, 2016
Lansing
  • MSU Veterinary Teaching Hospital
    http://cvm.msu.edu/hospital
    Dr. Valerie Chadwick
    Corner of Wilson and Bogue on campus (directions on website, easy to find)
    Veterinary Medial Center
    736 Wilson Rd.
    East Lansing, MI 48824

Phone: (517) 353-5420 (small animal)

Dr. Chadwick is knowledgeable, enthusiastic, gentle and understanding. I was nervous about going to a teaching hospital, but the students are greatly supervised and they're eager to learn. Dr. Chadwick had to deal with a very difficult case with me, but did everything in her power for my pig who was suffering from bone cancer. They take guinea pig care seriously. I was there for over eight hours as she consulted with dentists, pathologist and the oncology department for all my options. She really gave everything she had to help us. When the time came to put my pig to sleep she was supportive and sincere. Afterward I received a sympathy card and a little clay disk with Casper's footprints. I really can't convey how happy I was to find a vet that was knowledgeable and caring. It's worth the hour drive for me.
    Contributed by: PiggieMom - 06/02/2009
Waterford
  • Pet Authority Animal Hospital
    http://petsloved.com/
    Dr. Gloria Williams, DVM
    4588 Walton Blvd
    Waterford, MI 48329

Phone: (248)-673-1288
    Fax: 248-673-3490
    Email: thepetauthority@aol.com

Dr. Williams is the kindest person you can know. She is very knowledgeable and caring. She treats all of my guinea pigs and my cat. I trust her completely when it comes to the care of my 'magical creatures'. She has an awesome staff that 'bend over backward' to help any animal.
    I HIGHLY recommend her and her practice.
    Contributed by email: Jigsmom 2/10/2016
Whitmore Lake - (southeast Michigan)
  • Green Oak Veterinary Clinic
    Lisa Lembke, DVM
    9263 E M-36
    Whitmore Lake, MI 48189

Phone: (734) 449-7282
    • Dr. Lisa Lembke of Green Oak Veterinary Clinic in Whitmore Lake, MI is part of the Siamese cat rescue I foster for. I have taken cats to her and I have had other dealings with her on several occasions. For the rescue, she is always willing to help and give advice to members who need it.

To confirm, I e-mailed her to ask about treating guinea pigs. She assured me that she treats them and has experience with congestive heart failure, x-rays, dentals, arthritis management.

She asked me to let people know that she is available for such services for anyone in the area looking for a guinea pig vet.

She is a great lady with a heart of gold for animals.
      Contributed by: Cindy in MI - 7/4/2007, 4:02 pm
    • Another vote for Dr. Lembke. I cannot say enough about her and her vet techs. They are all so kind and gentle with my piggie. The doc has always given him the most thorough exam and has always gone over everything in great detail for us. She will continue as our vet. We drive 60 miles away to see her and it is worth it!! She is treating my pig for CHF and he has made a complete turnaround when other vets would not take the time to figure out what was really going on with him.
      Contributed by: PigWorrier - 7/7/2007, 2:25 pm
    Unable to verify website or clinic location: March 12, 2016
Williamston
  • Cedar Creek Vet Clinic
    http://cedarcreekvet.com
    2295 North Williamston Road
    Williamston, MI 48895-9461

Phone : (517) 655-4906

I have had many experiences, primarily with Dr. Nolan and Dr. Wayne Beasley. I have also seen Dr. Tatman-Lilly once. Overall, I find them all to knowledgeable and competent. They have treated URIs, lice and tooth problems in the years I have brought my guinea pigs there. They also perform surgery there, and successfully spayed a female of mine.
    Contributor unknown

Post Reply 1 post • Page 1 of 1