A Topic Inspired by Wishes
As you begin your research into guinea pig ownership, you'll discover some of the things that many people may not realize:
- Guinea pigs are not good "starter pets."
- They do not make good pets for small children.
- Most small children don't understand how to carefully handle small, delicate animals.
- Guinea pigs are fragile and delicate.
- They cannot take the roughhousing a puppy can.
- They can't be trained to do tricks.
- They don't typically play or interact with people in the manner of a cat or a dog.
- They do not use a litter box.
- They are confined to a cage and are not able to let you know when they don't feel well, unlike a dog or kitten will.
- They are classified as "exotic pets" and require a special veterinarian.
- An adult needs to be responsible for the guinea pig.
- To find out more, please visit www.guinealynx.info.
- Guinea Lynx :: Philosophy - Guinea Pigs are for Life
Make a Life Commitment.
- Guinea Lynx :: The Care Guide
A wonderful, informative, complete guide to caring for guinea pigs.
The following threads are just a few examples of situations that happen daily. Some stories have happy endings; others do not. Please be prepared to care responsibly for your pets, and make a lifetime commitment to their care and happiness.
- In case anybody still thinks these are cheap and easy pets!
How much does it cost to own a guinea pig? A discussion thread about the price tag of responsible pet ownership.
- Monthly costs of guinea pig
A potential guinea pig owner researches the monthly expenses of caring for guinea pigs.
- Considering a piggy for a pet
A potential guinea pig owner wants to add a guinea pig (or two) to the family.
An owner asks questions before adopting a second guinea pig.
- Guinea Pigs and Security Alarm Systems?
An owner asks for advice regarding the loud volume of a security alarm system affecting the guinea pigs.
- Which is better? Males with males, or males with females?
An owner researches the topic of pairing guinea pigs by personality or gender.
- Hello! New Guinea Pig Owner!
A new owner asks many questions about guinea pig care.