Mange and Severe Pododermatitis

luvmypigs2

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 12:23 am

I'm so sorry you lost him. He was a special little guy. I'm so glad he found his way to you and your excellent care. You gave him a good life and love that he never knew before. Rest in peace little one.

JHand
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:53 am

Ditto what Lumvypigs said. Thank you for giving him the care he deserved. You were his angle.

Piggster

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:38 am

I'm so, so sorry to hear this. Rhett was a very special boy. I got to meet Rhett once and he was everything that Josephine said he was, a very sweet, snuggly, social boy.

Josephine thanks so much for caring for him and rehabilitating him the way you did. leebee, thanks for pulling him from the shelter and saving his life and soaking that poor foot.

I'm sitting hear crying too. My heart goes out to all those who cared enough in order to give him eight wonderful months where he knew great care and love probably for the first time in his life.

lisam

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:21 am

I'm so sorry. I'm glad that his last months were with you.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:58 am

I am so very sorry, Josephine. Life with you had become a good life. It sounds like he was loved and will be missed. I'm so sad.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:49 pm

Josephine, bless you and thank you for caring for him so well. He could not have had a better, more knowledgeable, or more competent caretaker than you.

Remember how far he came with you, and how much better he got.

Godspeed and safe passage, Rhett.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:18 pm

I'm sorry to hear.

Pooka and Pixie

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:34 pm

I'm so sorry. Rest in peace, Rhett. And keep your chin up, Ciel.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:45 pm

I'm sorry, Josephine. It really sounds like you did everything you could. It still really sucks, though. My condolences.

Teresa

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:29 pm

Oh Serafina, I'm so sorry.

You did such a wonderful job with him. It's so so hard to lose the ones that we work really hard on. They know you are trying to help them, too and that makes the bond even stronger.

I'm sad he's gone, too.

Mum
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:46 pm

Ah, I'm so very sorry he's gone. It's so hard, particularly when you've spent so much time nursing them - it's easy to become very attached in a short time.

I read back through the thread, and it does sound as if Rhett had a wonderful time with you after his horrendous start. How wonderful that he was able to spend his last months with a friend and in your very capable hands.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Aug 16, 2006 9:29 pm

Oh, I am sorry to hear the news. Rhett was a lucky boy to live his life out with your love and care.