Mange and Severe Pododermatitis

whittibo

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:32 am

HOLY CRAP! How on earth do people let animals get like that? I mean, sure, maybe nobody SAW the feet, (assuming nobody took him out) but how did they clean his cage if they didn't take him out? And what about the hair on the back!

I hate to think a teacher will be facing charges, but PLEASE.. what on earth what he/she thinking??

The poor little guy is adorable too! I hope and pray he makes it! :s

smiley
Just Do It

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:34 am

OMG, that makes me ill. Thank you for helping this poor baby.

klynne

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:02 pm

Oh God. That is all I can think of to say. Thank you and bless you for helping him.

rachelm

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:23 pm

God that is sickening. People are such sh*ts. So glad you've come to his aid.

totoro33
Supporter in '06

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:25 pm

That is so horrible. How long must he have been in pain? I"m so depressed today, sillycavies just told me that the shelter where I adopted Mattie has a kill rate of 46%...and it has the lowest rate of the big shelters. I guess I should have known, but I had hoped it would be lower.

Piggster

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 12:42 pm

I am speechless. This poor pig. How could someone let this go for so long to cause this type of suffering is beyond me.

I hope somehow. someway whoever did this will get some jail time. Probably not though because it's just a "pocket pet."

I would love to personally confront the individual(s) who did this

Amy0204
We miss our sweet Oreo

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:03 pm

I am blown away. Who would allow something like this to happen? I have to wonder about how the children at the school are treated, too.

You're a wonderful person to take this one. Thank goodness he has someone who cares. I hope that this has a happy ending, although, looking at his condition, you have to wonder.

SylvesterPiggie

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:26 pm

Holy cow. I don't know how you guys handle this stuff. You have had some pretty sick pigs, and just when you did not think you could see worse, there it is.

lisam

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:35 pm

Oh dear, poor boy. I don't see how the foot can be saved.

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:45 pm

Crap. He's as bad as you told me over the phone. We're just getting slammed. I'm going to go kick something. I'll be back on Monday night. I wonder if we can get buy one get one free with amputations? Freakin unbelievable.

We should go to the press and the school disterict on this one. Make their PTA pay for his vet bills.

To top everything else off, Hope is pregnant.

Nelson has not had his surgery yet. My son had a pretty serious concussion this week so we postponed it.

leebee

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:12 pm

We should go to the press and the school disterict on this one. Make their PTA pay for his vet bills.

I totally agree. This is THE REASON why animals in schools is a bad, bad, bad idea. They suffer, and obviously, the kids don't learn much of anything good.

I hate to bring this up, but money is stretched to the limit right now for all of us. We've had thousands of dollars spent on vet bills recently, and these bumblefoot cases are extremely expensive. If anyone could/would help out, we'd greatly appreciate it. I have a paypal set up for the rescue and the email address is leah@cavyspirit.com .

TuftyCollegeGirl

Post   » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:58 pm

His feet look awful, but besides amputation how do they treat that?