Save-A-Pet

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Jan 29, 2003 5:09 pm

Cooking? What is "cooking"?

Chip loves guinea pigs in general. I let him run around the living room for exercise and he jumps from cage to cage, eating their hay and pooping in their litter boxes. Most of them don't mind.

But his favorite piggy seemed to be Witherspoon, in whose cage he spent most of his time. He would nibble on Witherspoon's hair and lick his ears and then stick his head under the piggy's chin for reciprocation. They both seemed really lonely so I decided to move them in together and they both seem happier now. Every time Witherspoon walks by, Chip lowers his head to the floor and closes his eyes in the hopes that Wither will come groom him.

Witherspoon is working on his potty training. His habit seems to be using his bed for a litter box and nowhere else. So it's just a matter of re-directing him to a new poopy place.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:30 pm

The Chip/Witherspoon story is the best one I've heard in a long time. It's got to be fun to watch.

briana d

Post   » Thu Feb 20, 2003 10:18 pm

I just wanted to mention something a www.pets911.com which is discussed a little on this thread.

I bought a sheet of Spay and Neuter stamps and on the top of the sheet it says: "For neuter/spay information, call 1-800-pets-911 or visit www.pets911.com."

I thought it was nice to see a rescue website listed.

Charybdis

Post   » Sat Feb 22, 2003 1:33 am

That is great news. I don't think anyone has found me through that site yet. Save-A-Pet, PetFinder, and the Cavy Classifieds seem to send me the most.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Mon Feb 24, 2003 12:34 pm

Charybdis- just FYI, I do see a lot of billboards advertising 1-800-save-a-pet. I've seen it quite a bit around the Los Angeles area by the freeways.