Boars Living Together

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Dec 31, 2002 8:59 pm

Netscape users can click on this link for the boar stories and pictures:

http://www.nikspiggies.org/boars.html

Lynx, can you please move this link up to the bottom of the first frame? I hope this solves the difficulty.

pinta

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 4:53 pm

The pics are still overlapping other posts so they are unreadable.

Scooters Pet

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:19 pm

Hi,
Just thought I would throw in my experiences with boars living together.
As of right now I have 6 boars.
I have 3 in one cage:
Scooter was almost 3 yrs old when 2 baby boys(4 weeks)Peanut and Lucky that I had hand raised where put in with him full time.Before that Scooter would visit their cage.He taught them how to eat the pellets,veggies ,hay and taught them what the water bottle did.Right now Scooter is 3 and a half and my babies are now just over 6 months old,all are living in harmony.Even with 9 girls in the room.
The other three,Sonny,Pilgrim and Gizmo are in a cage together.This is due to Sonny was over a yr(we think)when we got a call that he was found in a dumpster.So he and Scooter got along for 3 weeks then they both decided they both wanted to be head pig,started fighting so we split them.We put Sonny in his own cage.But Pilgrim was introduce when he was only 8 weeks and Gizmo was 4 weeks when he was introduce to them.All get along famously.NO fighting what so ever between my boys.
I love my boys and wouldn't give them up for the world.
>>ANGIE<<

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 7:53 pm

Pinta, I can't change this page without rewriting everything or making all the pics into links. If you go to the bottom of the top post, Charybdis added a link to a page that should be readable with the text and pics from subsequent posts she put up.

This is the link:

http://www.nikspiggies.org/boars.html

Does it work for you?

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:20 pm

Lynx, the link worked for me on Netscape. If you like, I can re-write it with the pics as links. Let me know.

Angie, how about some pics of those boars for my website? You could send them to my email address :)
Charybdis444@aol.com

pinta

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:29 pm

The link worked fine but the pics are still overlapping the 31 Dec 2002 12:29 post which I assume is separate from the post above.

----------

Why not ditch the pics from the thread entirely and stick to the link or post the pics one at a time(I think that works).

All I see is slices of overlapping pics covering type. Don't even see a full pic except for the first one.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 9:42 pm

I have no problem doing that. Lynx, just let me know--but don't delete the post until I've copied everything down! :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 10:26 pm

What Pinta means is just using links, not images. People can click on the link to see the pic. The way you laid it out messed it all up for Netscape people. I had directions on the post page about this.

I'll just change them to links vs. pics and leave them in order.

pinta

Post   » Wed Jan 01, 2003 11:00 pm

Fabulous - I don't mind if you edit out all this format stuff to make it a Cleaner reference page...like I was never here.

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:02 am

Lynx, I don't mind re-doing it to save you the trouble.

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2003 3:12 am

Oh, I see that you already did it. Thank you. I am sorry to cause trouble! Somewhere in my puny brain I thought it would be easier if people could just see the pics. I don't use Netscape, so it had never occured to me before. How annoying.

I would really like to get more boar stories, especially multiple boar/sow households--so people can email me at Charybdis444@aol.com if they have something to say on the matter.

Scooters Pet

Post   » Thu Jan 02, 2003 4:16 am

HI,
Charybdis I sent you the only picture I had of 3 of my boys.Luckly I saved in my photo album on yahoo before my computer crashed and everything got erased.
I also have a picture of 5 of my sows.7 of them live together now and all in harmony.Also 2 live my themselves in peace.Did you want pics of them or just my boys.I got the girls' pics saved so if ya want them I'll send them.
>>ANGIE<<