SF ACC Needs Immediate Help - Large Dump Of Gps!

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 3:50 am

The lights have been off for over 24 hours so I had no access to a computer plus I was off on various errands yesterday and today so wasn't around to post any updates.

Three pigs were picked up and I did go see, hold, and photograph them at the foster home. They are not the pigs she had hoped to pick up (she was given no choice). Also, it appears that two of them are not on the list that I posted and was given.

Things are still up in the air as to how they will be obtained from the SF ACC (via the nonprofit or as a private adoption); no paperwork was processed the day of the pickup. If the person decides to do private rather than go through the nonprofit, she may just keep them and place them herself (and not have any outside help on the private adoption fee). She still needs to check with the various people involved and hopefully will get back to me (she is someone who regularly fosters for the SF ACC).

Kleenmama, you may wish to decide if you still want to come down if the person decides to keep and place them herself. Or, if you want to plan on coming down to get some from Julian and keep space open for three if they are available to give to you.

Sorry for the confusion, but I had no control over the outcome and the number of pigs that could be obtained or how they will ultimately be obtained.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 9:00 am

Thanks BL for updating. What pigs did she get? Are they sows?
I will be coming down and getting some pigs anyway. Before I leave, I'll check with you and see the outcome. I'll be leaving here I believe on the 2nd of January, putting me in San Fran on the third.

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 12:15 pm

Thanks BL for updating. What pigs did she get? Are they sows?
I haven't posted any descriptions since I don't know who will ultimately end up with them. (She may just keep them and place them herself if she does a private adoption rather than goes through the nonprofit.) They aren't what she had originally gone in for which were the pregnant female and the mother and baby.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 6:48 pm

>>I haven't posted any descriptions since I don't know who will ultimately end up with them.<<

Well, please post them now. My whole intent was to come down there and help you out with the large dump of guinea pigs that the SF ACC had acquired.
That obviously isn't going to happen. If she homes these pigs herself, terrific. If not, then I will be committed to helping out the Hollister and Monterey pigs.

So please post the descriptions of the three pigs that I may be getting. JUst post if she adopts them out.

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:29 pm

Well, please post them now. My whole intent was to come down there and help you out with the large dump of guinea pigs that the SF ACC had acquired. That obviously isn't going to happen. If she homes these pigs herself, terrific. If not, then I will be committed to helping out the Hollister and Monterey pigs.
So please post the descriptions of the three pigs that I may be getting. Just post if she adopts them out.
I will post the descriptions when and if they are available to you. I don't want you to get your hopes up or set on getting them if they end up not ultimately being available to you.

I can understand your frustration and I realize that your original intent was to come down to save those who might be put down. However, as I stated, I have no say in what is happening and things have changed from what has been posted and seem to change daily. I have absolutely no control over that. I have not heard back from the person so I don't know what she, the SF ACC, and the person who put out the orginial request have decided to do. Part of the problem is that she is trying to see if there are others that will need to be "saved" also.

You may wish to just plan on getting pigs from Julian keeping in mind that three or more might be available to you or just get them all from Julian. Sorry for the confusion. I certainly appreciate your desire to help.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 16, 2002 8:53 pm

>>You may wish to just plan on getting pigs from Julian <<

I think that is an excellent idea. I'm sure you guys have a handle on three pigs, anyway. So I'll take you up on that and bow out of this one at this point in time.

BizyLizy

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:29 am

I'm sure you guys have a handle on three pigs, anyway.
Unfortunately, I have no clue what's currently going on and things keep changing. I did leave messages with two of the people and haven't heard back from them yet. Being only the messenger has me out of the loop as far as making any decisions.

I do appreciate your generous offer to come down and save the various pigs. Thank you so much for your time amd effort and patience. Enjoy the critters from Julian and your trip down to the SF Bay Area!

BizyLizy

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 7:25 pm

I did hear (via an answering machine message) back today from the person who has the SF ACC pigs.

Apparently, her cat was just diagnosed with cancer and her rabbit is sick, thus the delay in her getting back to me. She did request that I let Linda know that she won't need her help after all.

Again, thanks to those who tried to help both on and off the thread; it was greatly appreciated.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Dec 17, 2002 11:39 pm

No problem. All's well that ends well.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:14 am

KM, you're around? Why haven't you answered my email? Are you ignoring me? (pout, pout)

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Dec 18, 2002 7:36 pm

What emai?l! No, I'm soooo not ignoring you, I got your card this morning, but no other email. I even posted on your card thread. Call me.

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Dec 19, 2002 7:05 am

Alright, I resent it. :)