SF ACC Needs Immediate Help - Large Dump Of Gps!

BizyLizy

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 1:49 am

I just spoke to the person who forwarded the email to me. If they can be obtained by someone who does have the proper status (where no adoption fee is required) would you want them?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:01 am

Absolutely! Still have the time frame problem, but again, I won't stick you with them.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:06 am

Ok, I have to go to bed now. Post and I will check in the morning.

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:07 am

If a non-profit can not be found. I'll pay the adoption fee.

As a CPA, I strongly disagree with this policy. Many rescues do not have the legal start up cash to do the filing.

It will be my Christmas gift to the pigs.

BizyLizy

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 2:52 am

If a non-profit can not be found. I'll pay the adoption fee.
Thanks for the kind offer. The person being contacted to see if she has the status is the person who initiated the original email. The person doing the contacting is the person who forwarded the email to about four people. She also occasionally does transport for some of the SF ACC animals. If she does have the status and is willing to get them, then it's possible that she would need to pick them up and bring them to her rescue and then the transport person would deliver them to me. Again, the deadline is tomorrow per the person who is currently being contacted. She is the one who was alerted by SF ACC of the problem. Sorry for the vagueness and non-reference to names but they are purposefully being left out.

I am to be at the shelter tomorrow at 11am. The shelter doesn't open until noon for adoptions but the person who is getting three of them is a volunteer there so we can get in early. Also, if you don't want the pregnant one, let me know. However, she would probably be one of the first to be put down. Even if the other person has to pick them up, I will check to see what is there if possible and what type of condition they are in. My understanding is that 19 came in and 7 were immediateley put down, for what reason I do not know. There are apparently some type of temporary cages that can be borrowed although I may not take them since I probably can come up with something with the male being placed this weekend.

Also, a FYI, the person who said that she probably could foster one or two for a short period has never had a guinea pig before. She's the one who rescues dogs and occasionally other critters.

As it stands now, kleenmama will take them if there is no charge? If there is a charge, Julian will cover the costs?

I will post more tomorrow, or sooner if need be; I will be leaving about 10am tomorrow to go to the city.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 9:31 am

Julian, that is incredibly kind and generous of you. I'm sorry I can't get down there this coming week, but I just can't. With the following week being Christmas, it makes it hard, but I may be able to come down the day after? Or the 1st is possible.

I have no problem taking the pregnant one, babies, neutered boars, what have you. The intact boars are the hardest for me simply from a room standpoint. I love the mama's and babies.

I have some bossy sows that can room wih a neutered boar, and sow cages that can easily take more pigs.

OK, keep me posted. I will be gone all day today and will be back by 4 tonight or so. Let me know how it goes.

BizyLizy

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:38 pm

The latest update:

The first attempt at getting a non-profit to help turned out to not be viable. The second contact was viable and they have okayed getting them through them. We are still checking to see if they can all be obtained that way since the request from the ACC was no more than three to two people.

I was to be at the shelter this morning at 11am but she wants me to be there at 5pm instead. The reason is the rain and traffic but it will be worse for me traffic-wise and the time will be short for the adoption process for both of us (I think they close at 6pm). I may go in earlier but that adds $10 for bridge fares.

I also have no funds for extra adoptions/bedding, etc. I'll see once I get there if I do go through with the adoption process. If I do get them, I will need to keep them here initially to see if they are okay and look for any problems (the other person who might foster has no experience with guinea pigs).

I have only one cage available (a Super Pet one) and no others at the moment although I have some scrap Coroplast that I can tape together. I have no clue where I will put them since the hamsters and guinea pig have not left yet for their placements. The floor is not an option.

More later ....

BizyLizy

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 12:58 pm

More ...

as it stands now, since it is going through the non-profit, only the other person will be involved in getting the pigs and the count will be only a total of three. This person has not been involved with this thread or kleenmama so I don't know if the pigs will ultimately be available or placed with her. I know that the person does not really have the space for them at this time but she will be taking them. She would like them to go to kleenmama at some point if that is a viable option.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 6:27 pm

>>This person has not been involved with this thread or kleenmama so I don't know if the pigs will ultimately be available or placed with her. <<

>>She would like them to go to kleenmama at some point if that is a viable option.<<

Huh? Sooooo, she does know about me, or doesn't? I can't figure out if I will get the pigs or not.

If so, count me in for 3 pigs the first week in January.

BizyLizy

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 10:44 pm

Huh? Sooooo, she does know about me, or doesn't? I can't figure out if I will get the pigs or not.

If so, count me in for 3 pigs the first week in January.

She knows about you in that she knows you are the person who is getting the pigs. She herself (and possibly the others involved) has not been following the thread on GL.

I just left a message on her home and cell phones to see how many she was actually able to get (under the non-profit organization). The traffic and rain has been bad here and she's not home yet.

She did mention earlier today that she could hold them for you. Her goal when I spoke to her was to get females, preferably the pregnant female and the mother and baby if that's all she would really be allowed to take.

I'll post again when I hear the outcome. I don't know when that will be since she works 11pm - 7am. When she calls, we'll have an accurate head count. Also, I may go over tomorrow since I have to pick up some items from her.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Fri Dec 13, 2002 11:55 pm

OK. Sounds good. I'm heading to Vancouver tomorrow, will be back early evening, I hope.

BizyLizy

Post   » Sat Dec 14, 2002 2:01 am

I haven't heard from her; she's at work now. I hope to hear from her tomorrow though since I'm supposed to stop by and see the guinea pigs and pick up a couple of rescue hamsters for foster/placement.