I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 9:59 pm

Balance. Balance is good.

pigpal

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:05 pm

Yeah, but so is restraint!

Becky

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:18 pm

Agatha, you´re a true piggy person! You start out with something particular in mind, but those cute faces make you melt!

Enjoy your two or three new sows!

agatha

Post   » Mon Oct 14, 2002 10:27 pm

it´s true, the teddies are kind of troublemaking, that´s kind of why i like them. them´s got spirit!

three? damn!

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:57 am

Hey agatha! If you want more pictures of any of these piggers, I can take them and email them to you.
I´m not sure if the agouti sow is pregnant or not. I´m 99% sure the red satin is and the black girl with the white spot on her back and the white snip on her nose.
The solid black, I´m not sure yet. The black and white striped baby is for sure not pregnant, they were delivered in the shelter.
Even though I was a breeder, until I feel the babies in there I just can´t tell. I was always terrible at that.
The black and white striped abby boar is a character! He leaps onto his grassy hutch and chews the cage bars begging for goodies. He is in with a young red and white male buddy. They get along fine, even in close quarters.

Ya know, the morning I took the pigs up to Sandi, I never even looked at who I grabbed. I had gotten 4 hours of sleep, and been breaking up pig fights all night.
I never even picked which pigs were going, just started putting the ones I could catch in carriers and counting. When I finally got to what I knew was a manageable number for me, I stopped!

Oly is only a half hour from me, Agatha, so let me know. IN another couple of weeks, I should be able to tell about the agouti sow and also the solid black. I hope.
Last edited by kleenmama on Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 1:17 pm

It would be so great if you could adopt one or more of KM´s rescues! I think there is something special about giving a home to a pig in need. And there is no doubt, KM will take excellent care of them while things are settling in and while the pregnancies unfold. She is a pig snuggler and will be able to tell you alot about them.

I think it is pig personality vs. looks that is the make or break thing. And so many pigs are great.

agatha

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 6:53 pm

if you get a chance to take more pictures, kleenmama, i would love to see them. otherwise, it would probably be not this weekend but next that i could maybe come down and take a look. keep me posted...

here´s my email-
agatha@fluffah.com

thanks!

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 9:26 pm

Yeah. Take a look. Or three...

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:15 pm

Sure, I can take lots more pictures. I´ll start with the ones you mentioned liking the best.

I´ll try and get some tonight or tomorrow morning.

agatha

Post   » Tue Oct 15, 2002 11:37 pm

thanks!

incidentally, where do you get your coroplast around here, and how much do you pay for it per sheet? i went to this scary toothless guy last time that has a sign business out of his home, and he charged ten bucks per 4 by 6 footish sheet. is that about right?

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 16, 2002 12:00 am

We really lucked out. I was paying $14 for a 4 x 8 sheet, but then Loren found some right up by me for $10 a sheet. When you come up, we can go get it, it´s about 10 minutes from my house. But he has to order it, so if you want some, let me know. Not sure if he has teeth or not.....I have some spare chunks for lofts and stuff if you need it.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 16, 2002 7:31 pm

Come on, Agatha. They have your name written all over themselves! All three of them.