Utah - 21 pigs need homes!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:52 am

mix-ups on the winnie trip? No way! = ) My two girls were so easy to spot with their hair, Jenn´s pig was a little harder, just glad the pig on the other side of the winnie that looked exactly like her´s was a male!

pigpal

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:32 pm

Wheeky8 - it´s clear you love your piggies very much, even if they were not quite what you expected! I was very impressed with your pig palace too, and even more impressed with how much your husband cares about the pigs. That´s unusual and you are fortunate indeed.

E - Monty was the baby Abby I took home from a cage cleaning gathering at Teresa´s one Saturday afternoon, right before the Hollister rescue. He´s a red eyed taupe, no matter what the official name is. He turned out to be the most obnoxious little shit I´ve ever known, beat up on my pigs mercilessly and shredded my poor Willie´s butt until it resembled raw hamburger.

Since I was otherwise occupied and not at home for much of this summer, I was unable to supervise them and ended up with all my pigs in seperate cages, in the care of some wonderful pig people I had never even met. Thus I never bonded with Monty and resented the damage he caused to my other pigs. I admit I never liked red eyes anyway.

He is back at Cavy Spirit, now neutered and paired up with an adorable fluffy cream, black and white Hollister sow. He is patiently awaiting someone who appreciates him more than I did. I tell him I´m sorry every time I see him, it wasn´t his fault.

pinta

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:30 pm

His sister, Dervish, is also an obnoxious little shit who is kept in check by the herd.

You remember how Seinfeld and Newman greeted each other? That´s how we greet Dervish.

wheeky8

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:33 pm

pigpal-Since you so generously fed my addiction to gps, I´ve decided to go to go to vet school and become a PVM. I´ll probably go into private practice treating exotics only.
I also found myself pondering the purchase of an RV as I drove past Nolan´s RV on the way home from work yesterday.
Maybe you´ll be seeing me soon......

Sunny

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:55 pm

Hello... Dervish <sneer>

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 4:27 pm

Becky: Actually, considering our trip, it´s a miracle that they all didn´t wind up on the side of the road in, say, Nebraska!

I was considering myself lucky that you didn´t dump them all in my lap and turn tail back home. You still had, what, 96 guinea pigs at that point?

Oh, wait.

Then you would have *gasp* had to drive all the way back across Nebraska! Ack!

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:03 pm

Beige. That´s what diluted chocolate is. It comes with pink eyes.

pigpal

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 7:52 pm

OK, beige/taupe/milk chocolate. Whatever, Monty´s #80 and 81 in the Cavyspirit adoptables album and Charlotte, his girlfriend, is #82, 83. So what color is her third color E? Black, white and ?

http://imageevent.com/cavyspirit/adoptables

BTW, he´s not obnoxious any more. They´re very sweet together.

Evangeline

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:29 pm

Beats me! Bad red? Weird cream?
She´s a beautiful pig, though.
Last edited by Evangeline on Thu Oct 10, 2002 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pinta

Post   » Fri Oct 11, 2002 1:20 am

Dervish is still obnoxious. She thinks it´s cool to sit in the hay rack suspended from the condo door....while the door is open. To get there she has to stomp thru a suspended pellet bowl scattering pellets everywhere. She also can´t be bothered to walk around the water dish. She stomps right thru it splashing water everywhere.

Becky

Post   » Sun Oct 13, 2002 3:04 pm

Pinta, what´s that expression? Oh, yeah...Like mother, like daughter.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Oct 16, 2002 11:34 pm

We got piggy pictures! Erin posted the rest of the pictures I sent her tonight (that was FAST Erin!!). There are two litters pictured here, with a third litter due any day and a fourth litter in a few weeks.

That´s 21 pigs up for adoption today! Check ´em out.

http://www.imageevent.com/erin8607/utahrescues