interested in adopting in FL (Ocala/Gainesville area)

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:32 pm

I am looking for a new piggie. Preferably an American

ottosmom

Post   » Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:24 pm

http://www.freewebs.com/gainesvilleguineapig/[url]
[/url]

I'm sure Chad will be by sooner or later to fill you in with all the details!

ChadWPB

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:36 pm

ottosmom, you beat me to this one!

Gainesville GP's Adoptables Page

If you're looking for an American, Racer might fill the bill nicely.

Do you have a male or female pig, izzy? Racer's a male, so you pig should be a male if you wish to adopt him.

MommyofGus

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:48 pm

I think Chad has become the unofficial spokesman for the Gainesville Rescue!

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:24 pm

I contacted them a week ago via e-mail and have yet to get a response. This morning I called the number from the website and left a voice message. Racer is really cute!

ChadWPB

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:30 pm

Susan has been out of town for the past week. Maybe I could e-mail chordita for you, she helps out with the rescue.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:09 pm

That would be really great! Thanks so much. The adoption would actually be for my sister. Last week she e-mailed a completed adoption form to the rescue and has gotten no response, so she is a little bummed.

She recently lost her piggie of four years to cancer and is really looking forward to adopting another. She never goes on-line for anything except to check her e-mail, so I offered to go on-line and hunt around for her.

I am a full time college student with four of my own piggies, and while I would love to add more to my herd it is just not possible.

Thank you again!

VMOUSE1970
Supporter in '05

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:12 pm

Welcome!

ChadWPB

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:00 pm

Izzy, perhaps your sister would be interested in a pair of piggies? Pigs do much better in pairs, and she's got at least one good bonded pair.

izzywizzywoo513

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:05 pm

I don't know that is pretty much up to her. She lives on Campus at UF during the school year and has limited space. The piggie she had before, FlufferNutter, was a single guy and was happy all the time.

chordita

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:18 pm

Izzy-

Hi, this is Gayle from the gainesville rescue. I just wanted to let you know that Susan (the main rescuer) has been out of town for a while so she has not been able to check her emails.

I also wanted to let you know that Racer is already in the process of being adopted by a woman in Ocala, so he is no longer available. She had contacted us before your sister did.

Also, we do not really like adopting out single pigs. We prefer that they be adopted as pairs or as a friend for an existing pig. There may also be a problem with the whole dorm thing. I lived at the UF dorms last year and from what I know, they do not allow pets. We also require a large cage, which will be a problem in those tiny dorm rooms. Just a few things to mention to your sister.

I'm out of town right now but I'll try to contact your sister tomorrow if Susan still hasn't spoken to her.

icesprite

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:35 pm

All that said, it is very nice of you to help your sister find a new pig, izzy :) Good luck and try and talk her into getting 2!