Pre/post neuter picture comparison

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2003 11:04 am

I changed it.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Apr 07, 2003 12:26 pm

I must have mis-typed it, because I usually spell it right(one of those words I can actually spell lol).

Oh well, thanks for correcting it.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Sep 16, 2003 2:55 pm

Here is an addition to the thread, not much difference to the previous boar. This is Oliver a couple hours after his neuter -

I'll post a few more as he heals.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Sep 21, 2003 10:28 pm

11 days later:

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jan 27, 2004 6:09 pm

My luck done run out with perfect neuters, Lincoln was done December 16, 2003 and I noticed a small lump on January 19, 2004. He saw the doctor today(January 27, 2004) and was mutilated to open up the abscess to drain. Poor dude is now seperated from his two girlfriends in his own private suite in the infirmary.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 27, 2004 8:23 pm

Looks nasty. Do you have the other two pics? If you email them, I'll put them back up.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:58 pm

Adding a picture that is less bloody(first was taken right after getting home from the vet) and more information, since this is supposed to be a reference thread ;-) -

Photo taken February 2

More information about what took place at the vet on January 27-
He was sedated before he was cut open to clean out the abscess, the drain was put in while he was out. Two sutures hold it in. He will get it taken out on Saturday February 7, 2003, and I'll continue to flush until it heals over.

He was sent home on a 7 day course of AB's, but I'll probably extend that another week.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 03, 2004 12:05 am

[yes, I have to fix the x's -- I keep forgetting...]

Read about Piggielove's experience neutering her two boars in the UK.

http://jackiesguineapiggies.com/neutering.html

Her veterinarian, David Hunt, has clinics in several locations -- Hunt Veterinary Clinics.