The Roland Has Landed

Louise

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:01 am

pinta told me that Birdwoman was overrun with pigs so i felt I had room for just one more - as a friend for Basil.

Roland entered the building yesterday he´s one and half, dutch markings [I think, brown and white bands] texelly rexy fluffy teddy bear squashy faced kind of thing. Bless him. He´s adorable very interested in his surroundings and fairly tame . I can´t stop cuddling him - he reminds me of Greypig.

Alfie

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:17 am

Roland - as in Roland Rat (and Basil Brush)?

He sounds gorgeous.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 7:51 am

Yipeee, Lou! Another snuggly pig! I´m glad you got him. That Birdwoman -- you just don´t know what kind of fate a pig would have with her. She probably keeps guinea pigs under her bed.

Jill

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 8:37 am

He sounds like fun Louise. What is Basil´s take on the newcomer?

Louise

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:05 am

Lynx - you´re not far off!! She´s got pigs and birds everywhere - and a real pig in the garden! A huge spotty kind of creature - can´t remember what she said it was called - it´s a bit nasty though apparently, territorial. We just saw it´s snout sticking round the back door.

Basil hasn´t seen him yet - guess Roland has to be in isolation for two weeks - come on girls can´t I skip it as Birdwoman´s had him - she´s done all the necessary stuff too!

Jill

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:13 am

Oops, slap me silly. I forgot about quarantine.

Louise

Post   » Mon Jul 01, 2002 9:38 am

Its odd how its working out - in that non-cuddly pigs have bonded and hopefully cuddly pigs will bond.

Birdwoman also had a couple of babies from that place that I got Ginger and Basil from. She did exactly what I did - couldn´t leave them behind - and called the RSPCA. Unfortunately the RSPCA can´t get him legally as the pigs aren´t suffering enough - can only make ´suggestions´ to him.