barely eating x3 months, now impaction issues

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:03 am

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

platypus

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:19 pm

My Gilbert died. My heart hurts.

Nothing but gratitude to all of you who took time & energy out of your days to help us. Because of your compassion I feel that I did everything I possibly could for my fur baby, I left no stone unturned and you all supported me in doing this. Extra wheeks to your own fur kids

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:54 pm

Oh no, platypus. I am so, so sorry. You did all that you could, you really did. My heart goes out to you.

Rest well, sweet Gilbert.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 pm

I'm so sorry, platypus.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:51 pm

Oh, I am so sorry, platypus. I was so hoping the surgery would be successful and Gilbert would recover. You have all our sympathy.

ItsaZoo
Supporter in 2023

Post   » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:09 am

I'm so sorry, Platypus. You really did so much for Gilbert. It's just so difficult to get on top of multiple issues when they're ill. Take care of yourself. You have my sympathy.

platypus

Post   » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:12 am

Hi everyone

I thought I'd leave a note in case this might help any other piggies.

My Gilbert had Cervical Lymphadenitis based on the culture results. He had 3 different kinds of bacteria. All 3 were sensitive to Azithromycin which is what he was on. So eventually he probably would have done well.

The vet thinks that there were other ongoing issues with him. She was suspicious of G.I. problems, I may have already mentioned this. And the gut is where most of the immune system is. She didn't say where the bacteria came from.

She also said that there were other major problems to be considered, like cancer. I had wondered about that, he was taking in so many calories (80-100 cc's of thick-ish 1/2 critical care with 1/2 ground alfalfa pellets) and was still losing weight. Classic symptoms of cancer. It's been mysterious this whole time, 4 different exotics vets (including one of the best on the planet) couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.

I wish I could have performed miracles so he wouldn't have suffered so much. I miss my Gilbert & his brother Izzy whom I lost a while ago (bladder stone that obstructed his urethra). Both were such gifts to me, I was very blessed

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:30 am

I'm so sorry, platypus. Cancer would certainly explain a lot of things.

You worked so hard to try to help Gilbert, and he knew that.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:11 am

Thanks for the update. It can help to have more information on what was wrong to put in perspective such a serious illness. It still hurts to lose them. I know he and Izzy have a special place in your heart.