Romaine lettuce every day?

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:11 pm

I've heard romaine lettuce is a bladder irritant. Given the choice I feed them other greens with only small qualities of romaine but sometimes Romaine is the only leafy, green vegetable available.

Pinkman is a growing boy so he gets more of everything, at least high-calorie foods and high calcium foods. Pellegrino is more than four years old, so I am more careful aboutg what I feed him.

RomeAndSmores1

Post   » Sun Mar 08, 2020 10:15 pm

Yeah at this point my oldest peegs are both 3, and my youngest is 1... ish.

rjespicer

Post   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:49 pm

I used to order Oxbow online but then discovered that a small local pet supplies store (no animals and mainly cat and dog stuff) kept it in stock along with Timothy Hay and was cheaper than online.

We dont tend to give ours romaine and usually vary between Red and Green leaf, Butter Lettuce, Escarole, Endives, radicchio. We also give them Spring Mix.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:23 pm

You might be a little careful with spring mix. If memory serves, it contains baby spinach.

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:48 pm

You'd be surprised how many pet supply stores (big and small) carry Oxbow products. Those that don't I've politely told them Oxbow is better than the other products and I would buy it if they sold it.