Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

Tofu

Post   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:32 am

Not sure why it would not be a good idea, reposted here as I am loathe to making people have to go to Facebook and I don't even have an account myself. The post is right there on their public FB page: https://www.facebook.com/TheKMSHayloft/ ... 3973156337

He posts his phone number here, saying customers can use it to contact him (again, publicly, I can view all this without an account): https://www.facebook.com/TheKMSHayloft/ ... 7139189973

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:36 am

I was not able to find it. Thanks for adding a link to the text.

Just because you can view something publicly on another site does not mean it should be copied here.

I'll replace your text with a link.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 9:54 am

Well, it seems we have a winner. New bag of KMS arrived on Thursday and, for whatever reason, the boys are back to eating their pellets.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Feb 08, 2020 7:51 pm

Good to hear! I guess we will never know what put them off. If you were brave, you could do a taste comparison of the two ;-)

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:48 am

What the heck is going on? I am the only one having this problem? Exact same thing is now happening: we're 1/2 through a brand new 10lb. bag of KMS pellets, and suddenly nobody will eat it---not even the youngster, who eats just about anything. This really makes zero sense.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Mar 29, 2020 1:38 pm

The pellets may be rancid. It could be a storage problem somewhere along the line, or they may not be putting in some preservative that they used to use.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:05 pm

I am going to guess there are no preservatives and any possible rancidity would be due to an individual ingredient having issues (it will affect the whole batch).

Do they smell any different to you?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:23 pm

Not really, but then...my sinuses have been severely stopped up lately with allergies.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:21 pm

Halfway through. That's so weird. I went through that for a while with Sweet Meadow Hay's pellets. They looked the same, but no one would eat it. How frustrating!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:27 am

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:23 am

I haven't. I used to buy Standlee brand a few years ago (they have, or had, a small animal division; can't recall the brand name) and it was always very good quality. I can't speak for the horse-grade hay, but that's a good price. I'm still buying Rabbit Hole Hay for now.

SSLee

Post   » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:33 pm

I had been buying Rabbit Hole Hay orchard grass (allergic to timothy hay). About two months ago, I decided to try the Standlee orchard grass and bought 20 pounds. The hay was very bright green and my piggies were eating it. Over the next few weeks I got little cuts from the orchard grass on the top of my hands, to the point where I had to wear disposable gloves when touching the hay. Never had that experience with any other brand before. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and we were the first in the US to have a Shelter-In-Place ordinance for the COVID-19 crisis. Since my Standlee hay was stored at the office, I immediately ordered Rabbit Hole orchard grass for home delivery. Once the piggies finish the Standlee hay, I don't expect to reorder from them again. My hands have fully recovered since.