Anyone Ordered from KMS Lately?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Odd. Got a new bag of KMS a couple of weeks ago, and all of our guys were fine with it until the past couple of days. All four pigs are just picking at it, now. Is anybody else having this issue?

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2020 9:04 am

It's just weird. This morning, two of our guys won't touch the KMS at all; the other two are just picking at it. I replaced the KMS with Oxbow and the two who wouldn't touch their pellets are wolfing down Oxbow. Bad batch, maybe? It looks the same as always.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:03 am

Give it a sniff to see if it seems rancid. I am guessing among the various ingredients, those with more oils are more vulnerable.

Rancidity is something I am sensitive to in human foods. Some oils hold up well, others seem to go bad around their expiration date or even earlier.

Other than that, they may just have had an off day.

Tofu

Post   » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:53 am

I just received a bag dated 1/22/2020 on Saturday and my pigs seem to be wolfing it down, as they usually do. I did not examine the pellets particularly carefully but they seemed to be the same quality that I usually receive from them, albeit it took longer to get to me this time.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:16 am

These look and smell fine. I went ahead and ordered another bag and hope maybe it's just a fluke.

SSLee

Post   » Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:00 pm

I'm running low on KMS pellets and plan to put in an order today. Hopefully I will get them quickly and they are still tempting to my piggies.

Piggster

Post   » Mon Feb 03, 2020 3:19 pm

The batch I rec'd from KMS was also dated 01/22 and my two are wolfing them down as well. I wonder if there's any correlation w/ the shipping delay and wanting to not ship any more of this batch and to wait until the new batch was ready? Interesting.

JX4

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:28 am

I ordered bluegrass hay and pellets on December 9 and STILL have not received my hay. My pellets arrived yesterday (February 3). WHAT IS GOING ON? I have emailed them, but can't find a phone number to call. Anyone have a phone number I could try?

Tofu

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:39 am

I do not use Facebook, but found this posted on their Facebook page on January 15:

[Edit - link to text inserted instead - Lynx]

https://www.facebook.com/TheKMSHayloft/ ... 3973156337

I'm pretty disappointed that they haven't just sent out an email to all their customers (as they used to do, semi-regularly) to give them all a heads up about whatever is currently happening. Sounds like they are understaffed and not keeping up on things. I hate that I had to search around to find their Facebook page to get this info.

Edit: From another Facebook reply I have found Dan's cell phone: 509-951-7970. He also states the company phone line is currently out of service (as of a month ago).

IssaG

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:42 pm

How bizarre. I ordered 25 lbs of bluegrass and a little oat hay around January 12. it was sent about 10 days later and looks great. I hope they figure things out, I'd hate to lose the bluegrass.

JX4

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:55 pm

I finally got a reply. Said they think my hay was lost in shipment. They said they will send another shipment out as soon as possible. My piggies have been subsisting on store-bought hay since Christmas and they dont like it. Sigh. Hopefully things will get smoothed out soon. I'm pretty tolerant, but I was just frustrated about this.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:57 pm

Tofu, I don't think it is a good idea to repost this. Can you give me a link to the content and I will replace your quoted text with the link?

I believe this is the facebook page. I cannot find what you posted:
https://www.facebook.com/TheKMSHayloft